05

CHAPTER FIVE
in which they take a day trip

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

Flick sat by the radio, tweaking a few things until Jaha's face popped up on the screen. "Wicked."

One by one, the delinquents entered the drop ship to speak to their parents and friends from home. Flick casually leaned against the wall of the drop ship, watching every one else clean up camp.

"You know, you could help!" Clarke called, not too far from where Flick was standing.

Flick laughed softly and shook her head slowly. "Nah, I'm good right here."

Clarke jokingly rolled her eyes before going back into the drop ship to speak to Jaha. With the way she spoke to her mom the night before, there was no way in hell that Clarke would willingly speak to Abby. A few minutes pass, spent with Flick cracking crappy jokes to the delinquents, before Clarke walks out of the drop ship.

Flick checked the list again before fetching Dax to head in next. "I have a proposition for you," Clarke spoke, looking around to make sure not many people were near them.

"Which is?" Flick asked, raising an eyebrow as she crossed Dax's name off the list.

"Kane says there's a emergency supply aid depot not too far from here. It should only take a day, and you can pick who goes with. But I think you should take Bellamy so we don't have to hear them yelling all day."

Flick looked at the map from Clarke and frowned before nodding. She jogged into the drop ship, and sure enough, Bellamy was there with Octavia. "Bellamy."

"The answers still no. I'm not talking to Jaha." Flick rolled her eyes at his stubbornness.

"Relax, I don't care whether you talk to him or not. That's not why I'm gracing you with my presence," Flick smirked, leaning against the doorway of the drop ship. "The Ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here."

Bellamy's annoyance slowly morphed into interest. "What kind of supplies?"

Flick rolled her eyes once more. "The kind that might give us a chance to live through winter. I'm gonna go check it out. I could use backup."

"Why are you asking me?" Bellamy asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

Flick laughed dryly and turned on her heel, striding out of the drop ship. "Well, Clarke said I had to."

After packing some supplies into a pack, Flick and Bellamy made their way out of camp. Flick lead the way with the map, hopping from rock to rock. She hummed a random tune as she did so, oblivious to Bellamy's stare on her back. "The first drop ship will come down soon. You can't avoid Jaha forever."

Flick hopped off a rock and looked at Bellamy. "The past hour was the best silence of my life."

Flick shrugged and kicked some branches with the hard toe of her boots. She looked at the map again and squinted in the sunlight. Holding the map straight out in front of her, she slowly started to twist it to the left. Bellamy watching in amusement before shaking his head and continuing to walk forward. "Let's split up, cover more ground. Stay within shouting distance."

Flick barely had time to nod in agreement before Bellamy was jogging off in one direction. She huffed quietly and kept walking in the other direction. "If I wear a supply depot entrance, where would I be?" Flick paused. "Well if I were a supply depot entrance I wouldn't be talking to myself right now. Moron."

Seconds later, Flick was torn from her monologue when she tripped over something hard and bashed her chin into the ground. She knocked her knuckles on the ground and grinned widely. Wiping the blood from her chin, she cupped a hand over her mouth. "Oh, Bellamy! Guess what I found!"