Chapter 3

A week had passed since daddy dearest had left. A week since I had last met Martha. Since I last had any human contact.

"Beauty! Get your butt to the town. We need more butter and stuff." Shouted the nasally voice of dearest mother from somewhere down the house.

I sighed. It was time to go to the town for supplies. As I had said before, I hated the town. But it was better than being stuck with the loonies. And yes. Once, I did do the mistake of letting the three idiots go to the town to bring the stuff and I ever so did regret it. The bags that they returned with had unspeakable horrors in it.

So who cooked?

We did have a cook and let me tell you, she hated them as much as I did.
She would rather let them starve than going and getting groceries. She did cook only because father had lured her with a contract with bags filled with money.

Throwing on some pants and a shirt I hid myself in the depths of a cloak with a hood. The walk to the town took me through a small stretch of woods. How would I love to get lost in them. The trees, the soil, the air. They all welcomed me. It didn't matter who I was, to them.

If I could build small house in here, I would have done it in a blink. Was I asocial?

Perhaps.

The view of the smoke rising from the chimneys of the town houses came too soon for my liking. Taking a deep breath I entered the town glad that I was well hidden. It lasted only till the butter stall. I had lifted my hood to select the butter and a heard a sound much worst than the snide comments of the villagers. It was a horrendous squeal of delight. A very womanly one too.

Clarissa.

I wanted to dig a deep hole and burry myself in it. Nope. That would have been a bad idea. Knowing Clarissa, she would take a spade and come right behind me. Running was a better option. That was what I exactly going to do, but sadly I was too slow. Two arms, delicate to look and feel but having the strength of a boa constrictor wrapped around me.

"Oh Beau! Its been so looong my love. Won't you look at me?" She asked her twig like hands pulled my chin towards her.

Eek! A small part of me squealed terrified as I saw her lips coming down towards my face. Struggling to get free of her hands, I was glad when her lips landed on my forehead than where they had intended to. She looked disappointed but let me go. By letting me go, I meant that she opted to glue herself to my side instead.

"When shall we get married, huh? You shy boy. Don't worry. Clarissa here will take care of it all. We shall have a spring wedding full of blossoms and..."

I tuned her our after a while. I hadn't spoken a word to her since she met me and she had already decided that we were to be married? It was above me to figure out the way her mind worked.

"Look..." I turned shrugging her arm away tired of her daydreaming. "I am not marrying anyone and I wouldn't marry you if you were the last women on earth. Okay? Or do you want me to be more clear?"

Blunt much? Hell yeah. Look, the fact was that I had no preference to women. That's why I had said to Martha that we could run away and I would 'pretend' to be her husband. If I did prefer women, Martha would have obviously been my first choice. Not this underfed, blonde women. Clarissa stopped and looked at me in shock.

"You won't marry me?" She screeched in outrage.

Seriously, what the hell had made this women believe that I even remotely liked her?

"Yes Clarissa." I spoke treating her like a retard hating the attention that she was bring us.

"I am not marring you."

Suddenly my head snapped to one side and a stinging pain bloomed in my cheek. The bloody bi**h had slapped me. I turned with murder in my eyes to see that the townsmen had surrounded us.

F**k.

"Poor Clarissa. Any man would have her.."

"What the hell did she see in that fag? That..."

"I wish that he died. Look at him. He is so..."

The whispers had started all around us. All of them going on with their vile gossips not knowing the truth. I detested them.

"You won't marry me! Then I'll make sure that no one marries you. No one!" The demented bi**h started yelling.

I scoffed at her in my mind. Well, having such insane women in my life had put me off them, forever. I did lean towards men but honestly I would never fall for anyone in the town. All of them were dogs. Now, don't ask me which dog I was cause seriously I'd rip you a new one.

"Get lost Clarissa." I said trying to find a way out of the mess that she had created. And, I hadn't yet bought the butter.

"No, NO! Listen to me!" She went on like a mad person. I was pretty sure she was one. How on earth had I allowed her to get so obsessed over me? There was a commotion and suddenly the crowd cleared as a horse leapt into the clearing and stopped in front of me.

"Get on." The rider said and I did so without thinking twice.

As the horse galloped awagui heard Clarissa's shouting behind me.

"Mine! You are mine!" Was the last thing I heard as the town receded.

"Thank God. I love you Martha!" I said at the figure in front hugging her.

"What were you doing? I could see Clarissa'l preying you moment you entered town. For god's sake it's fall dear. Who wears those heavy cloaks other than you?"

I smiled at her ranting.

"Oh shit! The butter-"

"I have it." She cut me off before I could even finish the sentence.

See what I meant? Marriage material.

"My hero" I said and felt her chuckle as I tucked my head on her shoulder as we both rode into the sunset.

Sunset?

Nope, just till the woods near my house.

Hi hi.
It's annoying me again.
So tell me! How did you find this chapter? Did u like Martha? Do you feel their friendship is a little more than what it should be?
And the last but never the least, vote if u liked the chapter.
Yours truly,
Stardust