From me to you as a person

If you have read till here, Thank you. Truly. For having stuck with me so far. I know that this hasn't been the best book ever. It was a struggle for me to even bring it to any form of completion. I am a procrastinator by nature. I struggle with it and with no definitive deadlines in place, this could have well, been project that would never reach completion. For me, personally, this has been a huge success, to have someone read and like this.
But, I have done you injustice . For that I am sorry. The book has been a half assed attempt. As I told, I never really even read through half of the chapters before I published them. They are the rawest form that this book could be. And, I might never make it better for it is a relief that it is finally over.
With this being said, if you would like me to give you some advice, some food for thought, as a person then read on. If not, then once again thank you so much for staying with me so far and hope to see you again sometime.

-

I was recently reading a novel and as an author I felt really sad for the backlash the novel's author received for the new book that she put out after years.
Many authors stop writing because of the hate they get. I too once dismissed many things I didn't like, thinking that I could do much better job of it. That's how I started writing. But once I started, I realised how tough it gets and how much effort it needs to even finish, forget making it the best. So, being a bit selfish, I would ask of you to take some time and try to be a bit kinder to others. Perhaps you already are. If so, thank you.
But please, next time you find something you don't like, do not dismiss it with unkind words. Your opinion is valid and priceless. I'm not telling you not to state your opinion. But rather, I'm asking you to put that opinion or criticism in a nicer term like-
"This is my personal opinion but I didn't like it because of so and so reasons."
Instead of-
"This is utter rubbish and filth".
I have been blessed in life that I have had such kind readers who have been so polite and positive in both their support and criticism. I thank you for that.
For me, personally I think, words are a beautiful existence. They are so powerful and yet so easy to say. They can make or break a person. Hence, if they require almost nothing from you, then why not use them to say something nice rather than hurt someone? After all it costs you almost nothing but can be everything for the person who hears it.
All that I have mentioned above is not only for some stranger on the internet but applies to everyone all around you. It's applicable to your friends, parents, children, neighbours, anyone and everyone.
Be kind to them. Do not dismiss their efforts. Know that everyone is different and no matter how much you know, there is still something from their life that you can learn, for you haven't lived their life. There is always something that you can take away from them and if you hate them then, that opportunity to have learned something new is forever lost. Respect them with how much ever respect you can afford for life is short and the time with them is even more shorter.
But that being said if the person makes you feel horrible and uncomfortable then decide, if letting them go is something you will never regret. If that is okay with you then leave. But in a kind way. If you can't talk to them then leave a letter telling them why and if that too is not possible then in my opinion, disappearing from their life is better. It'll leave things unresolved but I feel like it would give you time to heal and cool things down and when you think you are up for it, then you can come back and resolve it better.

As I said before I do not expect you to agree with whatever I said one hundred percent. Perhaps you have a better answer to whatever I said above. Perhaps the things that I said, you did experience in real life and tried the same but it didn't work. I don't know. I am not god. But, I hope that from the twenty odd years of my life, from the things I have learned so far which have been condensed in a ten fewer sentences may help you some day.
And one last thing I have learnt is that a person's belief and values are their core. If you don't want to fight someone don't try to change or oppose these things. If you want to be a better person, be open to changes to your own values and beliefs.
This is what I wanted to convey to you, as a person to another. Thank you for having given me some of your precious time.
I hope that our paths cross again. Perhaps in another book or in person.
With love,
Stardust