Chapter 15

"Sit down." He said and turned to the stove to heat up some milk. Ugh, milk again. I have to do something to get him rid of that habit of giving me milk like I was a child.
I was actually surprised that he hadn't blown his lid yet. When he had caught me in the room with blood oozing from my finger and on the rose, instead of freaking out like he had the last time, he simply turned and walked away after asking me to follow him.
Coming in the kitchen, he pulled out a first aid kit and cleaned my wound before applying salve on it and wrapping it with gentle fingers.
Back to the milk.
Gross.
"Why were you there agian?" He asked turning to me as he poured the milk into a tall glass before he set it in front of me.
Looking at him with pleading eyes I shook my head in denial.
He gave me a firm look before nodding at me to drink.
Shuddering, I pinched my nose and gulped it down and pushed away the glass in horror.
He set down a plate of cookies that I gratefully ate.
"So?"
" I don't know." I replied.
"I just felt like I had to go. Why do you ask me that?" I looked at him as he stared at the wooden table top.
"Hmm? It was as I had thought." He mumbled.
"Aren't you gonna get angry at me? Like the last time?"
"No." He said shaking his head.
"I suppose it was to happen."
Happen?
"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.
"You don't need to know."
"I do need to know. I want to know why that flower called me!"
"Beau..." He sighed.
"Knowing will do you no good and not knowing will bring you no harm." He said with an air of finality.
Hmph.
"Go to sleep Beau." He said expecting me to listen to him.
Like I said I wasn't a child!
"No, don't wanna." I said with a pout.
He gave me a small smile.
"Then what do you want to do?" He asked indulging me.
"Go out."
He sat back with a deep look on his face.
"Well, ok. Wear a cloak and let's go."
I gaped at him in honest suprise. Not that I was a prisoner here or anything, but more than that, I hadn't seen him going out of the mansion. Not even once.
"We are?"
"Hmm? Yes, get going."
I scrambled up the stairs to my room and quickly grabbed the first cloak I found and ran back to the door.
"I am-am here." I said gasping for breath.
"Oh, give me a minute." I said collapsing of the floor panting.
"Why did you run all the way? Are you fine? Do you want some water?"
I smiled at his fussing.
"I'm fine now. Let's go." I got up and gestured him to open the door.
He looked at me, worried.
"Go." I said pushing him.
The night air was cold and crisp. It felt nice.
"So where are we going?"
"Suprise." He replied smiling.
"Hmm?"
We walked over a small hillock till the mansion disappeared behind us. The bright moonlight light up the entire valley in.front of is and I gasped in awe at what layer in front of us.
Beautiful. There was no other word.
As we walked down, it became more clearer.
Roses.
Thousands of them planted in a beautiful maze with a huge water fountain in the centre.
It was enchanting.
"Are we going in there?" I asked him jumping in barely hidden excitement.
I heard the low rumble of his chuckle as I skipped all the way down.
I stopped as I admired the garden.
I let out a gasp of suprise when my had was suddenly engulfed in the warmth of a larger one.
I looked up into see him giving me a caution smile, like as if he was waiting for me to run away at any moment of time.
I returned it grasping his tightly and pulled him as we both enteref the maze.
The path was light by small candles at every few paces, making the entire place glow, while fireflies darted around.
I laughed when one landed on my nose.
I turned to him and he slowly lifted his hand and lifted the insect carefully from my face and let it fly away.
We wandered in the maze with me admiring the well kept flowers that seemed to be eternally in bloom.
Something about the flowers seemed to tickle my memory. They seemed oddly familiar.
"You know," I said turning to him.
"It's so funny. My dad gave me the same type of flower before abandoning me. It looks so similar..."
I took a closer look at the flowers and I realise that they were the same.
All the flowers. Not even one had any differences that I could see.
Not even one had wilted , not even one petal damaged.
Nothing.
And I remembered the flower that father had bought.
Things didn't connect. The flower daddy dearest had brought only for me, and that night he abandoned me...
"Did he pick a flower from here?"
I asked turning to Adam.
"Hmm?" He asked still smiling at me.
"Did my father pick the flower from here?" I asked and stared at him as the smile wilted away from his face.
"Yes." He whispered.
"What happened then?" I stared at him intensely.
"Well, he picked flowers that didn't belong to him and let his horses feed on the grass and took a bath in the fountain... So I got angry..."
"And?"
" Well... Itoldhimtobringonememberofhisfamilytostayhereorhewouldstayhereasaprisoner." He spoke it all in one breath.
"What? Can't you speak slower?"
He gave a sigh and said the entire thing slower.
"The thing is that I got angry and I demanded him to bring a family member who would stay here with me for eternity or he would stay as a prisoner here forever. Well, I never meant it. I just wanted to frighten him. But, he took what I said as true and next day here were you..." He trailed off as he saw tears gathering in my eyes.
So, I was nothing to father. I doubt even if he was worth to be called father. He had thrown me away at the first sign of someone harming his family.
I could feel the salty drops rolling down my face as they hit the dewy grass.
I felt myself being pulled in those large arms.
"Beau, I am sorry."
What was he sorry about. It wasn't like he had done anything. If anyone was to be blamed it was that coward of a man who I was forced to call father all this time.
"It's fine. It's fine.." I heard him dully over my wrenching sobs.
It was fine.