Chapter 26

I swear I got more dreams here than I had ever got in my life. Realistic ones. Once again I stood in the corridor right out of Adam's bedroom, the hallway shining and clean like how it would have been when it was constructed.

"Wonderful, it's it?"

I turned back to see the lady behind me once again, dressed this time in a shimmery light blue gown. I nodded at her surprised that she was alone this time.

"This was how it was the the height of our rule..." Her face brightened as she gracefully crossed the hall to stare up at the painting.

"You must know by now who I am." She turned to look at me with a small smile.

"Yes ma'am."she gave a sigh and started walking g a familiar path. The path that led to the rose.

"He had been. Hurt far too many times. The parent's heart bleeds for even the smallest tear and our punishment was to watch in silence. Never too move, never to talk. Forever as non changing stones, we watched as he suffered. Every person he lost was another guilt in his heart that he couldn't look past."

She stopped again, this time in front of the huge doors behind which the rose laid and the gargoyles that loomed above us.

"Our life has been stretched for far too long. My husband could no longer shake the creeping fog of eternal sleep and neither will I be able to any longer." She said as she gently touched the statue on the right ad regretful sadness filled her face as a lone tear streaked by.

"Tell him that we were here..." She slowly said as she turned towards the other one.

"Tell him that we are sorry and we, we loved him with all our hearts. Tell him..."

Her voice faded along with her as she walked into the stone and I was left standing in sorrowful silence.

"Beau..."

I pushed the door open to meet with the pale whiteness and I hoped that wherever they would end up, they would end up happy.

"Beau!" My world shook and refused to stop and I woke up with a gasp.

"Wake up!"

The gasp had me almost choking as I was violently woken up as I coughed startling a worried Adam.

"You woke up." He sighed as he slowly sat down clenching his abdomen, the bandage having a pale tint of redness.

"Why did you come? Look at that. It opened again!" I scolded him as I fretted over it.

"Sleepwalking. You were sleepwalking. I tried to stop you but you just wouldn't wake up. So I followed you. For your own safety." He added the last rather sheepishly.
I looked up at the gargoyles that stood in their eternal silence, looking sad rather than the fierceness that they use to emit.

"Adam...?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I talk to you about something?"
He nodded at me as he looked at me with a gentle smile.

"Anything?"

"Uh huh." He looked at me with curiosity.

"Your parents..." I slowly trailed to a stop.

"What about them?" He asked me, the smile on his face now strained.

"I..."

"Hmm?" He prompted me on.

"I saw them."

His face turned into ice and his eyes blazed, boring into mine.

"What did you say?" He asked, his voice deciveingly soft.

"I... I saw them..." I stuttered to a stop, as I recognized the burning in his eyes for what it was.

Fury.

"Where? Where?!" He roared as he grabbed my shoulders and shook me. My voice left me as I stared at him, my brain rattling around my skull. His voice tore down the corridor and pierced my ears as my senses returned back to me.

"There." I pointed to the gargoyles that stood solemnly in their corners.

"What?" He looked at the place where I had my fingers pointed in bewilderment, frantically searching for any sign of them.

"The gargoyles. They are the gargoyles." I quietly whispered to him.

"Your mother, I saw her in my dreams. She told me the she was sorry and-"

"Stop." He cut me off.

"-that she loved you. She would giv-"

"I said stop!" He bellowed in pain, his hold on my shoulders slackned as his eyes masked in tears.

"You are joking aren't you?" He brokenly whispered but I could see that he believed every bit of what I had said to him.

"Adam... Adam, she loves you. She and your dad, they kiss you so much!"

"No. I.. I can't." He whimpered and turned.

"Please!" I begged, catching his hand.

"Talk to me."

"Let me go!" He shouted as he threw my hands away and stared in horror as four lines of red appeared on my arm.

"Sorry." He whispered and walk away.

"Adam! Ugh!" I winced in pain as my arm burned in fiery hotness. I looked up to see that I was all alone, Adam long gone. I gave a small sigh as I checked the wounds. They weren't too deep but it stung. But the wound in my heart throbbed a lot more. It hurt that he didn't trust me enough that he chose to hide away rather than share his pain. I rubbed my chest to ease the tightness as I shuffled to my room.

I stared at the red water that swirled down the drain as I contemplated. I wanted to console him but the question remained if he would seek solace with me.

The sting of alcohol was lost to my wandering mind and I carefully wrapped the gauze around my arm. The once pristine shirt that I had worn, now had turned into a blood stained rag. I searched for a long sleeve shirt to hide the wounds and not to have anyone panic about them.
Opening the door I slowly walked to his room and stood in front of it, hesitating.

"Adam?" I quietly knocked on the door.

"Adam, open the door."

Silence reigned.

I tried again, this time with my fists as I banged on the door. A loud crash echoed through the space answering me.

"Stop it. Let's talk about it! I understand that you are in pain... Adam!"

"Leave!" His voice boomed accompanied by the soft tinkering of shattering glass.

"I'm not leaving until you come out!" I stubbornly shouted back at him as I set my back against the door and slid to the ground. How was his wound? Had it opened again? He wasn't supposed to walk forget lift heavy things.

Time passed and there was no answer as the crashes continued and a lonesome howl of mourning reverberated through the palace.

Hello.
Sorry! Really sorry that I am not able to keep up the schedule of updating every week. College is literally draining away all my life force. But I shall try my best to update!
Anyway, do you think this chapter suited Adam's character? Or should he have been more brutal in nature? Please do comment.
♥️
Stardust

Beauty And The Beast (bxb)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें