Chapter 19

A beautiful woman stood under the shadows of the sunset as she stared at the vast expanse beyond her.
Her tears glistened on her cheeks with a golden glow.
"My son. I am so sorry. I wish that you are freed."
She lifted a delicate hand as she wiped way the tears.
"My love, don't cry. Look he is happy." A man came from behind and hugged her.
Suddenly she turned to me her eyes glowing a molten gold.
"Save him. You are the only one." She said.
I woke up with a start. Those golden eyes. They disturbed me.
Not in an evil way. It was the pain they carried.
The parts of the dream had started to escape my memory but only the sentence remained.
Save him.
I shrugged away the dream and turned over and smiled when I saw him asleep next to me.
He was adorable. Like a puppy or something. And soft.
Of course, there were the sharp teeth and claws, but since they never would harm me, they were non existent in my eyes.
I touched my forehead is rememberence of the kiss as I blushed.
Did that mean that he liked me?
'cause sure I knew I loved him. It just strengthened the feelings I already knew.
How couldn't I? He was the only one who cared for me.
Who had got hurt to protect me.
I can't die.
I frowned as I remembered the sentence.
Curiosity was eating me alive. I wanted to know what he meant.
He gave a soft groan of pain as he tried to turn.
I quickly helped him lower his leg as he shifted in the bed before settling back next to him.
But nature called me.
Observing his face one last time, I kissed him on his cheek before hopping of the bed, blushing at what I had done.
Off to the bathroom.
The tub in the bathroom was becoming one of my favourite things here.
Selecting one of the wide range of vials that he had stocked on the shelf, I selected one and poured it into the bath.
I giggled in childish delight as the tub was filled with bubbles. I had never seen anything like this before.
If he even decided to sell any of these, money would never be a problem for him.
I suppose this was the second time I had said this.
I felt ashamed of my thoughts.
There he lied on the bed to hurt to move because of me and I played like a brat in the bubbles.
I felt hopelessly guilty.
I quietly got up and drained the sloshing water as I wrapped the warm bath towels around me.
Picking up the first pant and shirt I found, I dressed up before heading out of the room as I gave a glance at the sleeping giant.
Food. He would need food.
I hurried down the staircase past the dinning hall and to the kitchen where I stopped.
"Hello boy. How are you?"
The chef asked from his cooking station.
"Good. Could you get me a plate of breakfast?" I shouted over the noise of sizzling and hissing pots and pans.
"For master?" He asked smirking at me.
I gave a huff at his teasing and nodded.
"It had been already sent."
I turned around to see Mrs Potts smiling at me.
"Come let's go for a walk. It shall do you good."
Honestly, all I wanted to do was go back to him. But the look on her face said otherwise.
We headed to an unexplored part of the mansion.
Well, unexplored to me. The corridors were littered with leaves and cobwebs and in general covered in dust.
It gave me goosebumps.
"Mrs Potts, you don't plan on my demise, do you?"
Mrs Potts gave a soft tinkling laugh.
"No dear. I want to show you someone."
Hmm?
So I followed her deep into the maze of rooms that looked like light had not fallen there in decades.
That being said, it might just be true.
We stopped in front of a huge painting or so I assumed since it was covered in a curtain.
It was the only thing here that seemed clean. It looked like someone's came and took care of it.
" Open it dear."
Slowly I pulled down the curtain to see a painting of a family.
A man, a women and a child. They sat with a noble air, their posture filled with grace and elegance.
" Who are they?" I looked at them in awe as I asked Mrs Potts.
"Adam and his parents."
I turned to her in shock.
"Really?"
She nodded her head as she looked at them in sadness.
"They were good rulers, honest and hardworking, but..."
She looked at the painting lost in the memories.
"But?"
"But, they weren't the best parents to Adam. You see, their duty to their country was such a strainous task that they hardly ever had time for him. So he turned to books, music and other things. That mirror he clutches? That was the only thing his mother gave him, her only sign of affection towards him. Sometimes, his love for Anna, I think, was his desire of affection that he never did receive."
I gazed at the small boy in the painting. His eyes were filled with loneliness that I could understand. To certain extent we both were the same. Both of us ignored, lacking the affection that we were to ever get.
"He likes you."
I turned to Mrs Potts in surprise.
"Eh?"
"Adam. He likes you. If he didn't, he would have thrown you out on the first day itself."
I blushed at that.
I really hoped that he liked me because I was sure that I was heads over heels for him for sure.
"Come, let's go." She said as she turned to leave.
I nodded at her taking one last look at the lady and the man in the painting.
I felt like I had seen them somewhere before.
Somewhere.

Hi!!
Sorry for the delay.
It's exam time. So the updates may be short and late.
So sorry.
Hope you liked this chapter.
♥️
Stardust