Chapter Nine

~Flashback~

"Matthew, where were you this weekend?" I asked.

"I told you, I was visiting family," he lied.

"But you weren't.  You were out partying with other girls.  Do you even realize how much that hurts me?" I cried.

"(Y/N), we are going to spend eternity together.  I'm just testing out the water.  We've been over this.  I love you more than the rest," he gave me a reassuring smile.  

"So I can do the same?" I asked.

His eyes narrowed, "If you cheat on me, I won't hesitate to leave you in the dust."

"But that isn't f-"

"I'm a guy.  We have more needs than girls.  You are mine and only mine," he growled.

I gulped as he pulled me in for a hug.

~Present Day~

"I'm sorry, probably too soon for me to say that.  I just- it's a feeling you can't deny," he nervously laughed.

"Look Kenny-"

He grabbed my hand, "I know you've been hurt, and I promise that that isn't my intention."

I sighed.

"You don't have to say it back, but I'm not taking it back.  It's the truth," he smiled.

"I'm willing to spend time with you until I do fall in love with you," I said no louder than a whisper.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" Kenny asked with a crooked grin.

I stifled a giggle and nodded before tackling him with a hug.

~Time Skip~

*Kenny's P.O.V.*

I showed up to school Monday as happy as could be.

"You look happy, did someone win a bet this weekend?" Clyde asked.

I looked down the hall to see (Y/N), and my smile faded, "We need to talk about this bet-"

"You can't do it," he interrupted.

"No, it's not that.  I don't want to do it," I replied.

"Well, I do," he smirked.

"Look Clyde, she'd not like others.  To me, she's more than boobs and a butt.  She's a-"

I was cut off by Clyde's inconsiderate laughter, "Okay, whatever you say."

"I'm not kidding.  Look, I think I love her-"

"The bet stays.  You either grow some balls or she's mine," he stated in a low voice.

I looked back to (Y/N), who was still standing at the end of the hall, and gulped. 

"You made a deal," Clyde reminded me.

Do I tell her? Maybe she'll understand.  She won't.  She's too good for some bet.  Fuck.