Riven and Musa Reconcile

Slowly, Musa was starting to get better. When she first came back, she was still scared. One of her friends had to sleep in her room with her and she refused to go anywhere alone. With time, and her friends' sympathy and understanding, she was getting back to herself.

A few weeks went by since the incident. Musa had to testify against Easton, which was difficult, but he was put away for a long time and that gave Musa peace of mind.

One day, when it was just Musa and Aisha, someone came to visit Musa. Aisha answered the door.

"Are you sure?" Aisha asked.

"Yes, I just want to see her for a second."

Just then, Musa was coming down the stairs. "Aisha, who's at the door?" Musa froze when she saw who it was. Not in fear, but in shock. "Riven?!"

"He wants to talk to you," Aisha told her. "Is that okay?"

"Okay," Musa said, somewhat hesitant. "But stay down here please, Aisha."

"Of course." She allowed Riven in. "I'll be a few feet away."

Musa was more surprised to see Riven than she could express. She'd only seen him once since they broke up and that was a random run-in at a store. They didn't even speak to each other. So why was he coming here now? And why did he have flowers?

"These are for you," Riven said as he handed the bouquet to her.

"Umm...thank you," Musa muttered. "But...why?"

"The guys know what happened and one of them let it slip out when I was around," Riven explained. "So I know what happened to you."

"I meant why does it matter to you?" Musa clarified.

"Because I'm not a heartless scumbag who thinks it's right to rape people," he answered.

"But we haven't even spoken to each other since we broke up," Musa said. She didn't even know why she protesting. He was being caring.

Riven just shrugged. "Doesn't mean I don't hate the guy for hurting you. Anyway, I have to go."

He turned to go out the door, but Musa cried, "Wait!"

"What?"

Musa hesitated for a few moments before speaking. "Riven...do you want to try again?"

"What?"

Musa sighed sadly. "Look, I've learned something in all this."

"Be careful of who you trust?" Riven guessed.

"That and I'd rather be with someone who sees me as a person than a sex toy, even if we fight a lot."

A few seconds of silence passed. Riven spoke. "What makes you think I like to fight?"

"I didn't say you did," Musa answered. "I just said I don't care if we fight."

"But you seem to think I want to fight," Riven said. "I don't want to fight any more than you do."

"When Easton seemed so perfect, one of the reasons was that he talked to me," Musa confessed. "We could have a conversation and it would end with good night. Riven, almost any conversation between you and I ended with anger and yelling."

Riven turned away from the door and looked at Musa. She wasn't even looking at him. She was staring solemnly at the flowers he'd given her.

"Musa, you know what you always accused me of?"

"Being stone-hearted," she answered. "And not being open."

"Yes and I could've said the same about you."

"How?"

"Musa, you were never that open yourself," Riven told her. "You always said you wish I would be, but you didn't return the favor. I never knew how you felt until you exploded at me or gave me the silent treatment."

When Musa thought about it, she had to agree with Riven. She wasn't as expressive as she considered herself. "But why you didn't tell me?" she asked him.

"Apparently, we're just both bad at listening to each other, okay?"

"Yeah," Musa mumbled, running her fingers through the flowers.

Riven walked to Musa and held her hands. He slowly puts his hands around her and pulled her close. "I love you, Musa."

"So does this mean we can reconcile and try a relationship again?"

"I'm hugging you, aren't I?" Riven said with a smile - unusual for his character.

The sarcasm got a smile out of Musa too and she let her head rest against his chest, wanting this moment to last forever.