IV. I Support You

An obnoxious ringing tone echoes in the back room of Zayn's workplace. Groaning at the thought that an employee left their ringer on in the locker, he follows the sound. In expectations to call out one of his coworkers about their phone, he realizes that it's his own.

Three in the afternoon, he wonders who could be calling. Not his parents because they work around this time as well, and not Louis because he's got a class right now. That leaves Zayn with no other clue considering his other friends don't call, they communicate through social media.

Harry's name appears on the screen a second time causing Zayn to answer immediately this time. "Hello, Harry? You okay?"

"Yeah! I'm fine. Is it a bad time to call? I just had a small question. Another invitation I suppose." Harry coos over the phone, ensuing a chuckle from Zayn, "If it's about your singles club I'm gonna be there don't worry."

"No, not that. I knew you'd come around anyways. But this is for my drama class. I'm having my first performance and aside from my mum and sister, I would like to have more of an audience." Harry has a shaky edge in his voice as if he's nervous. But Zayn admits, he's proud that Harry has such a plate of variety on his hands during high school.

During middle school, Harry has a tendency for thinking, what could of been. Harry never took risks to do anything he wanted. It was always what Zayn wanted, following him like a little puppy. Meaning a lost puppy, Harry's pout resembles one. He would never seek out for his own aspirations, only verbally talking about it with an excited look on his face, but the pure emotions of no determination are really there.

Now Harry is taking part as a leader in an organization, doing photography, and now acting? Zayn wonders what other hobbies and skills he has. There's never been too much time where the two could talk.

They've only met up three times and it revolves around Harry's club or cooking, then studying the other afternoon, but besides that, Harry never gave a chance for Zayn to talk, nor has Zayn asked too much from Harry.

But now Harry's asking Zayn to attend his drama performance and why would Zayn decline? "Give me the details and I'm sure you'll see my support out there somewhere."

"Today. You can make it today yeah? Sorry late notice. We've planned this since the beginning of second semester but we barely met so I didn't know if you'd want to come but it's worth a shot to ask." Harry comments slowly, he takes a deep breath then continues, "It's at six. River Height High School, you can find that on GPS, yes?"

"Alright! See you there, babe." The words slip out his lips before he could dictate what he just said. It's too early for that isn't it? But it must be alright considering Harry just giggles, "I'm not much of a pet name type of person with people that are just my friends. But okay. Bye!"

Did he just get friend zoned, or? It's completely understandable considering Harry is a leader of a club for single men and women. Yet, it still crushes him the slightest bit for Harry to confirm they are friends.

And still, Harry doesn't remember their past.

Days go by where Zayn has the temptation to refresh Harry's mind on what they were and could of been, but he doesn't. For the sake of Harry's current happiness. He seems so much better without Zayn currently, so he'd rather forget the past, but he won't forget their memories.

Zayn grabs his drawstring back and drapes it over his back, ready to plan something small for Harry. He checks out and finds one of the employees in the front, "I'm off now! Have a nice day!" Zayn shouts and prances out the door, little waves to some of the pets there.

During the last nine months, since the start of his sophomore college year, he's been working as a pet washer, accompanying the shop where people pet-sit cats, dogs, and some other rare pets that people do want a petsitter.