VI. Take Care

With all the different courses to study toppling amongst his busy schedule, Zayn's been stressing out. It's only worse, especially when he drafts towards the news he received a couple of days ago.

His parents insists he should visit them for a home cooked meal just to assure his comfort and lower down his stress bar.

To prevent Zayn from doing anything he shouldn't, he sets his phone off for the day and heads straight to his parents apartment which is out of the city. Considering they've been living in downtown their whole lives, Zayn's parents decided that they wanted an apartment in the rockiness of San Obispo, right by the sigh where it greets them to their lovely, beach city.

The first thing Zayn think of during the drive is, wow, I want to take Harry here. It's probably because the nature. Anyone in Zayn's perspective can visually see all the remarkable aspects of the city as you stand right where the Malik's apartment resides.

It even gets better as Zayn e joys himself on the spacious balcony in extension to the apartment. "Anything new this past month since we've seen you?" Trisha asks his son with a light run of her fingers through his hair.

"No, just school. Next week is my math final, and then I have to turn in a literature essay. Not to mention, I've only wrote my name and the date on it." Zayn flutters his eyes shut, but even then the sun rays surpass his eye lids.

"During class I just pull up one of my old essays and work on it so when the teacher passes by it looks like I have progress. Had it for three weeks now." Zayn wants to mention his main source of distraction but he isn't sure how to address the situation that he reunited with Harry again, and how Harry doesn't remember him.

When he was in eight grade, his parents were very proud to have Zayn being such a scholar, and above that there was Harry who was his personal cheerleader. That must be the main reason why his parents adored Harry so much. Because he was supportive and always had two thumbs up in approval and praise.

Sure Harry is still supportive now, but he isn't sure how helpful Harry is right now considering, when Zayn isn't doing his assignments, he's talking to Harry. And when he isn't at his job, he's with Harry.

Though yesterday, Zayn specifically requested that they shouldn't hang out until his finals are done. But just because Harry isn't physically there, doesn't mean that he won't cloud up Zayn's thoughts. Even without Harry around in person, he's still somewhat there.

"What are you thinking about?" The two sit side by side on the lounge chairs as they look over the rails that hinder the perfect view. Zayn remains silent with only the movements of himself shaking his head just to prove that he likes the tension mute at the moment.

After some bit of silence, Trisha speaks up, "Your dad and I are going to a friend's wedding. I know you're busy with your studies but... We need you to watch Jaxx." Trisha turns her head back to look at their cute dog, that no one in the family knows the breed of, they can only assume what dog it is. Yaser insists its a sheepdog, but with Zayn's experience from working with pets, he knows it's a malamute. Though, he doesn't need to correct his father whatsoever.

"I can do it. It's fine. Would be glad to. He's my childhood pet anyways, why not? Haven't seen him in a while. Where's he anyways?" Zayn barely noticed that he came into their home and the first thing he did do was walk right to their balcony, having his own mother greet him first, and he hasn't seen his father nor his tons of years old pet yet.

Trisha leads them through the living room and then hallway where there's a loud yelp by the restroom. Hesitantly she opens the door to reveal their Jaxx in the bathroom and Yaser putting his hands up in a defense mechanism.