Amnesia

Coldness presses against the bedsheets, that's when Zayn realizes he left the window open the night before. Despite it being summer already, there's still a midnight and dawn breeze. Flickering his eyes open, the sunshine beams towards his eyes.

"It's morning already?" Zayn groans to himself before shoving the blankets off himself. A little before afternoon, Harry insists that they go on a date together. Zayn questioned it at first, thinking it was a weird hour for a date but Harry insists its more of an adventure rather than a typical date, date.

Something about being comfortable and accessible was mentioned so that's what Zayn aims for. A simple outfit, he's still curious and overly joyed to know that Harry actually took initiative to plan their first outing together.

A phone buzzes signaling that it's probably Harry, "I'm going to pick you up with Gemma's car. I'm almost here." Zayn contemplates on scolds Harry through the phone about the consequences of being occupied while driving. Then he remembers that all his rambling just might distract Harry even more so he murmurs a simple, "I'll see you later. Put that phone down. I love you."

"Aw! It sounds so dang cute, here listen to me say it now. I love you! Oh my, this is great!" Harry chimes and they continue their affection back to back for another ten seconds or so.

Zayn decides to sit outside in patience until Harry's arrival. Looking toward his fence with a cigarette in his hand, he smiles to himself remembering how he could of had a smoke but instead he had to open that very gate before his lover could get mauled by some dog.

A car honk pulls Zayn out of his thoughts. "Harry's here!" Zayn shouts and starts skipping to the car and getting into the passenger seat, already lunging to give Harry a kiss, as if they haven't seen each other in so long. When really, they saw each other less than twenty four hours ago.

"You know, you're the first passenger I've ever had besides my mom." Harry mentions, patting Zayn's lap in addition. With that, Harry steers off, Zayn's head hitting against the headrest from Harry's sudden push of the gas pedal. "Sorry." Harry whispers.

"So, where are we going? It'll hit like eighty degrees or even higher today." Zayn asks, lowering the volume because he's got a thing for Harry's voice over the music these days. "It's a surprise, can't ruin it. But would you like to get a small meal or something first. I say something healthy. Yeah, definitely."

Harry doesn't even allow Zayn to oppose, instead, he takes a route to a downtown pressed juices parlor. "If you don't mind I'm getting a frozen berry smoothie with granola on top." Harry says while shoving Zayn aside to pull one of the yogurt levers.

"Is there anything that's like sweet? Not like fruit sweet but chocolate or something." Zayn mumbles, overlooking the menu and only seeing edibles with vegetables or fruits. Nothing really appealing.

"If we have to, I guess I can take you go some coffee shop. If you don't like anything here, I'm perfectly fine with it." Harry says the second he's done ordering his meal, which Zayn nods quickly, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

When Harry gets his order the two walk over to another drink place for Zayn, avoiding the chance of getting their parking spot taken away. From here, Zayn doesn't only order one of those cookie and cream shakes, but orders a chocolate cake which Harry disagrees to.

The road is familiar as Harry takes one of the freeways, exiting on a road in between tons of apartments that reside on a rocky hill. "Harry..." Zayn mumbles when he sees Harry pulling towards a private parking, meaning that this isn't an official parking spot. But Zayn knows too well where they are.