IX. Success

"Today's all about Harry day!" Zayn cheers the second he walks out of his literature course from briefly turning in his final essay. Louis and Zayn walk toward Zayn's car, Zayn's idea of carpool since they both had to turn in essays at the same time just to different teachers.

"Why? What did the kid do to get an incentive from you?" Louis teases, pinching Zayn's cheeks while walking backwards just to get an eyeful of Zayn's cheeks scrunched together.

"Harry graduates today! You coming for your, apparently, best friend?" Zayn asks, but he remembers that people only with tickets are available to have a spot at the ceremony, so now, he thinks it wasn't too nice to second hand invite Louis if he couldn't go.

"I'm not going. Don't worry. Besides, don't want to see couple of assholes a year younger than me graduate. I was there last year don't need the two hours of stranger names at some college auditorium." Louis remarks with a cheeky attitude. It leaves Zayn to roll his eyes, "Well you don't have a ticket. You wouldn't of been able to get in anyways."

"Oi, hush up! Just take me to the beach and drop me off there. I'm meeting some, so thank you very much. And make it quick I have to be there at four!" Louis chimes and kicks his feet into the dashboard of Zayn's car, which Zayn abruptly shoves off.

The car ride consists of Louis blabbering on how he tried this dating app and is meeting someone at the beach, it's public and safe, if anything it's okay because there should be a ton of people out for summer since it's the end of school for most districts in the state.

"Alright. Your stop. But hey, promise me you'll call me if anything? It's my baby's graduation and everything but your safety is important. So, got it?" Zayn says full heartily, only to receive a loud, "Okay, daddy! Deuces the fuck out!"

Zayn sighs, dropping his head back against the headrest on his seat. When he blinks to open them again after his inhale and exhale, he turns to see Louis at the drivers window, "Thank you for caring still even though we don't have anything going on anymore. But we'll always be each other's best friends." Louis chastely pecks Zayn's lips and defends of in front of Zayn's car while waving happily.

To whatever they have or don't have, Zayn will always be cautious of Louis. Even if he is an annoying, insensitive sass master. Even if he claims he prefers topping but when someone wants the job done, he's the perfect bottom. Even when Louis acts like he doesn't love the affection, Zayn will always give it to him.

Enough about Louis, it's Harry day, Zayn thinks to himself, thinks so hard he's nearly screaming it in a cheerful way. All Zayn wants to do is congratulate him, but he can't get him balloons because those aren't allowed, nor does he want to give him flowers since they've done that already for Harry's performance.

With a glint of sun shining from a reflection of someone's camera lenses towards his eyes, Zayn immediately retrieves an idea.

Harry has a tendency to send Zayn his favorite pieces of photographs he's taken. Zayn will simply choose from one of the attachments and paint it out. A gift of gratitude from Zayn to Harry. And they'll both love it because it touches up on their creative factors.

With two hours to spare before his departure to Harry's graduation ceremony, Zayn sets off into his old bedroom, which would be considered his art room now since he took over his parents master bedroom last year. Because, right his parents moved to a rented apartment for the sake of him having their paid home that's near his college for the next few years until he transfers to state.