Chapter 8

Steve's POV
Rachel left for home, not wanting to be here when Danny dies. I look down at my watch as I enter Danny's room. Ten minuets left of 48 hours. I have known this man for 16 years, and he have gotten through a lot more difficult situations than this. But of course cause of death will be shot by my crazy ex wife. "Hey Steve?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when Chin put his head through the door. "We caught Kate." Chin said, his voice soft and sad as he knew what was coming. Before I could say anything a doctor and a few nurse came running into the room. "We got a lung." They started to prep him as they took him up for surgery. We walked out after them and I just hugged Chin as we both started to cry. "What happened?" Three voices asked almost at the same time.
Rose's POV
Grace, Auntie Kono and I walked back towards Uncle Danny's room after we had bought some food. We saw dad and Uncle Chin hugging each other outside Uncle Danny's room. We all three asked what had happened at the same time. When they turned around I saw the tears running down my dads cheeks. Oh god. "He's.. he's dead.. isn't he?" My voice cracks as my eyes start to fill with tears and my vision becomes blurry. I feel Grace take a steady hold of my hand as she prepares her self for the news. "He got a new lung." My dad said smiling like and idiot. I jumped straight in to dads arms and hugged him like there was no tomorrow. We were all sitting in the waiting room and dad went away to call Rachel. He came back just as a doctor came out. "Daniel Williams?" We all stood up.
Steve's POV
"That's us." I said nervous. "He's going to be okay, the surgery went well and he is waking up now. Although he is quite out of it he's asking for a ... Steve?" The doctor said looking down at the chart were he had probably written down the name. "That's me." I said, nervous again. "Why don't you follow me and I'll take you to him?" I nodded and followed him. I walked in to Danny's room and sat down next to him and took a hold of his hand. He was starting to wake up more and more. "S've?" He slurred. "I'm right here, buddy." I said rubbing small circles on his hand. He opened his eyes and stared right at me. "You're fine." He stated. I chuckled. "Yes you idiot. I'm fine because someone here decided to take the bullet instead of me." I smile. "I'm glad that you're fine." He said as he smiles a bit. "Well I'm glad that you're fine. You almost died on me." I said as I looked down. I felt him squeezing my hand and I looked up. "I'm alive okay, and I'm not going any where."

A/N
Hello again! It's been forever. But here's another chapter and I hope you like it. It's a bit short but I wanted to post something so here you go! I know that Steve and Danny have known each other for 7 years but for the sake of the story they have known each other for 16 years. Bye!👋🏼😊