°Chapter 1°

(Y/N) stared at the kids as she rested her weight on the counter of the kitchen. She had just finished making them breakfast and now had to go collect their school bags.

To admit, being a single mother of 20 was hard. Well they weren't her kids per say, she's never bin in a relationship, but they were all under her care.

Most of them her under the age of 7 and were in prime age for adoption. A majority of them were Japanese, but a select few would be from other countries, for example the oldest of the children.

He had roots from the USA and had tan skin like his parents. But the boy being the age of 11 was was considered 'undesirable' for parents and wasn't adopted. Thus making (Y/N) want to sign the papers and becoming his legal guardian.

Alexander, Alex for short, was still a child when (Y/N) was in highschool and had been going from one adoption center to the next before settling at Aunt Anne's at the age of 7 when (Y/N) had turned 24.

Now he going into middle school while the other children went to the same elementary school they have been going to since living in the adoption center.

(Y/N) called the kids into the big SUV that sat outside the adoption center. The 19 kids and 1 almost teenager, walked down the spiral staircase and through the brightly coloured lobby that had arranged plastic that held even more colourful candies inside and out the front door.

(If you have seen Wizards of Waverly Place, that is somewhat how imagine the candy shop component of the adoption center.)

Alex sat in the front seat next to the (E) adult who was driving.

"Ready for school?" (Y/N) asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be, you said you went there for highschool right? What was it like?" The boy asked his mom.

"Well, I didn't actually go to you're school. But, I never talked to my classmates that often. Though I would bring the candy that I made at home and hand it out." She said smiling.

They drove up to a building where the younger kids left the SUV and walked into the building.

"Bye!"

"Well do you know about the volleyball team?" Alex asked eagerly.

"Hmm, I believe they were considered a power house, I think it still is one."

"Yes."

"You planning on joining?"

"Ya, I want to be a middle blocker." He said.

"Heh, at your age, you have the hight for it."

"How tall am I~?" He asked teasingly.

"5'7 (175cm I believe) now shut up and don't rub it in!" She yelled ruffling his dark brown hair.

They both got out of the car and (Y/N) gave Alex a hug and a peck on the forehead while Alex leaned over slightly to let her.

"Have a good day at school Alex."

"Okay, bye Mom! I have a volleyball team to join!" Alex yelled as he ran toward the large crowd of students. Some garbage fell from a ripped pocket on the side of his bag.

(Y/N) laughed and hopped back into the old SUV that had been owned by Aunt Anne, and drive home to start he job for the day.

~~~

"YYYYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Alex was running around the gym -still in his uniform- spiking the brightly coloured balls as they were thrown in the air.

"Sorry I'm late, but kid don't you want to get out of that uniform?"

Alex landed on the ground from his jump to look at the person who came through the door.

"You're our coach, right?!" He yelled pointing at the man likely in his early thirties.

"Yota Rijuso, and you're a loud teen that should learn his manners, now go get changed into gym clothes!"

"Hai, Yota-san!"

When Alex ran out of the change room he saw Yota calling the rest of the boys over.

"Okay, this is Nishinoya Yu, he went to this school years ago, then to Karasuno, the power house school. Now on the national team. He will be joining us helping you to get your receiving and game reading better. Welcome him or you're doing laps."

"Hello, Nishinoya-san!"

Karasuno? Alex thought of his adoptive mother's storys and randomly asked a question.

"Nishinoya-san, do you happen to know the name (L/N)?"

Nishinoya -who had grown over the years- looked up at the taller teen, "I don't remember exactly. Why?"

"I'm (L/N) Alex, my mother went to the school Karasuno." He said.

"How is that possible? You're almost a teenager and she's my age?" Nishinoya freaked out.

"Oh, ha, no nothing like that. She adopted me when I was 11. She's not much older than me but, she's my mom." Alex laughed slightly. Rubbing the back of his neck as he did so.

"Oh."

The other boys listened in on the conversation but never said anything about it. They all picked up stray balls and dropped them in the baskets.

"Warm up! Let's go!" The captain yelled out.

~~~

(Y/N) handed the costumer the receipt and waved goodbye as they left.

"Okay Nari, I have to go pick up the kids. You good alone?" (Y/N) asked.

"(Y/N) I've done this for the longest time. I can take care of a candy shop for 45 minutes." Nari said to her best friend.

"Okay, I'm off!"

(Y/N) jumped into the SUV and drove to the furthest destination to pick up her son. Once she pulled up in front of her old school she looked out the window to see no one she knew outside.

Volleyball.  She thought.

Getting out of the car and locking the doors, (Y/N) walked through the campus and to the gym where volleyball practices had always taken place.

Pushing the door open she called into the gym, "Alex?"

"Yah, who's that?" One of the members commented to his friend and nodding his head towards (Y/N).

"Mom!"

Alex ran to her, swinging his bag over his shoulder causing a few pieces of garbage to fall out, "Sorry! I was packing up."

"It's okay, but we have to go we have to pick up everyone! Come on!"

The two left, leaving everyone else to finish cleaning.

Nishinoya walked out of the storage room to see Alex run out the door. And went over to pick up the garbage that had he had seen fall from the boy's bag.

"Aunt Anne's Sweets. Where have I heard that before?"

Tucking the plastic in his pocket he turned to the young teenagers.

"Ok finish cleaning and you get to leave!" Yota yelled.

"Hai!"

~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed it~

Instagram: lb.bacon