°Chapter 5°

You walked into your home, Alex trailing behind you, to see Sugawara and Tamaki working on the candy making with some of the other kids.

Sugawara looked up and greeted you with a smile, "how did it go?" he asked.

You froze and Alex continued walking, ice cream in hand.

"I may have gotten the principle fired." you replied, "oops?"

Sighing Sugawara shook his head, "you deffinetly don't mean that."

You took a seat opposite of the group and reached for one of the finished candies on the table.

"Oh the school called while you were gone." Sugawara said, slapping your hand away from getting another candy.

"Why would they call? We were just there."

Sugawara shrugged, slapping your hand again. "You're going to put yourself out of business if you keep eating the you know. It about volleyball. They called to confirm that Alex was aloud to participate in tournaments."

Tilting your head, you picked up one of the girls that held onto your pant leg. "Why? I already signed the form."

"They said that a student teacher missplaced the files. I confirmed that he was aloud to play though, so there's no problem there." Sugawara said as he placed the finished and wrapped candy into a shopping back and carried then to the plastic containers in the store.

"How did you do that? I'm the only one under the list of guardians." you bounced the little girl in your leg, making her giggle.

"They didn't think much of it actually. The guy just asked for confirmation and hung up."

You nodded before setting the girl back on the floor. She ran off to play with the other kids and Alex came forward holding Tamaki in his arms. Tamaki's mouth was covered of what was left of Alex's ice cream.

Laughing you looked to Sugawara who was cleaning up the work station. "How about we order in?"

"You're calling." You said, tossing his the phone.

"I know just the place."

~~~

A knock on the door sounded and you when to opening. One of the younger children trailed behind you before jumping on your leg and clinging to it.

Behind the door stood a man around your age. You were about to greet him until Sugawara did from behind you.

"Daichi! You have the food right?"

Looking to the short haired man You noticed the recognition that was evident in his face.

"Sugawara? You're the one who ordered this much food?" Daichi said, gesturing to the two bags and backpack he carried.

"Do you want to come in?" seemingly only noticing your presence from your voice, Daichi turned his attention to you before bowing.

"Sorry, I'm Daichi Sawamura. I'm an old friend of Sugawara."

"Ah, I'm (L/N) (F/N). You went to Karasuno right? Your name sounds familiar." You said gesturing for Daichi to enter your home.

Sugawara grabbed the two bags from Daichi's hands as he stared at the candy around the room.

"Home business?" he asked.

You nodded, grabbing the bag from his shoulders and following Sugawara to the back table.

"Yes, would you like to join us? I'm sure there will be enough food." you asked unpacking everything into the large table.

"Enough? There's only three of you." he said pointing to the child that still clung to your leg.

You were about to speak up and explain, but Sugawara beat you to it and yelled up the stairs.

"Dinner is ready!"

~~

"So you two aren't dating. So they definitely aren't your kids or I would've been told by now." Daichi said as he put his fork down.

The 19 children finished eating with the help of the four of you, and now were in bed asleep as you, Daichi, Sugawara and Alex got a chance to eat.

You laughed and Sugawara joined in.

"Oh no. I run an adoption centre, the candy store helps pay for all the expenses. Sugawara had heard about it and offered his help. He's practically part of the family." you said, finishing off the last of your meal.

Sugawara reddened slightly, "what can I say, I love kids. The candy is a bonus."

Daichi laughed and turned in his seat to talk to Alex.

"So you play volleyball? You're really tall for you're age, middle blocker I'm guessing?"

Alex nodded and put his fork down.

"Ya, I play on my school team. Everyone's really nice, we even have a national player helping out for the season!" Alex cheered as he picked up everyone's plates and carried the to the sink.

"National player? What school do you go to?" Daichi asked tilting his head.

"Ah, I go to Chidoriyama Junior High."

Sugawara and Daichi both tilted their heads and spoke at the same time.

"Nishinoya-san?"

Alex, hearing the guest coaches name nodded, making his curly dark hair bounce. "Ya, how did you know?"

"We all went to the same High school." Sugawara said, "I had no idea he was coaching your team."

"Oh," Daichi pitched in, "that reminds me, we have a game next Saturday don't we, Sugawara?"

Sugawara tilted his head and nodded. "Ya, I almost forgot about that. Hey, Alex how would you feel to play with our old teams for a day?"

Alex heard his question but didn't respond. He was too shocked to say anything and so you pitched in.

"Would I be able to watch? I'm sure Alex would love to play. I can leave the kids with Nari for the day. I don't think she'll mind."

"I would play with Nishinoya-san? A national player?"

Daichi laughed at the boys question and patted his shoulder.

"Kid, you'll be playing with the whole team."

~~~~~

Oya oya oya~

Sorry for slow updates. I'm working on other stories and those take up some time. But I hope you liked~~

Feel free to contact me!