°Chapter 17°

Nishinoya was quick on his feet. After finding a place to park his car, he jumped out and ran around to your side of the car and opened the door before you could even unbuckle. You pressed your hand to your stomach, jumping from his sudden appearance at your window.

"Calm down Yu. We'll get there no matter the speed." you laughed, taking his hand as you stepped out of the car.

"But if I didn't rush you'd have to open the door yourself. And it would seem ungentlmenly."

Nishinoya took the lead as he pulled you along the sidewalk. Chilly air blew passed the two of you as you walked.

"Yu, I know how sweet you are. You can calm down. There's no need to pander to my every whim." you chuckled squeezing his hand.

"Ok ok. But, we've got catching up to do. Let's talk."

Nishinoya swung your arm with his.

"Talk about what?"

"Hmm, let's start with your orphanage."

You laughed a bit.

"Well, it's actually a foster home, but at the time it was made it was an orphanage, and because it was known as that, we never changed the name."

"Why the switch?" Nishinoya asked staring at the dog park that was off to the right.

"Well, case studies found that in an orphanage children tend to lead a worse life afterwards because there's no conection made with parents early on. Foster homes are put in place so kids get a loving family until someone wants to adopt them."

Nishinoya hummed and nidded, still staring at the various dogs that ran around. You looked over and saw a small corgi trying to chase down a great Dane.

"If it's a foster home, why are there so many kids?" he asked.

"Aunt had a big heart. She never wanted a kid to live alone so she took as many in as she good. It wore off on me and I guess I can't defect anybody at this point."

"Like Yuna and Kaori?"

You nodded.

"Exactly like them. Yuna is almost an adult but she needed a parental figure to take her mother's place. Of course I'd want to take her in. And then little Kaori can barely say a couple of words, I couldn't leave them behind."

"You've got a big heart." he said as the two of you finally walked past the park.

"I make them too." you laughed before noticing the look he gave you.

"The hearts. Not the kids."

"Oh." a small silence followed before you cut through it like a knife.

"What about volleyball? Tell me about that."

Nishinoya sprung on his feet and cheered lightly to himself.

"Or there's so much to talk about. Ooh but I got this cool move where when I roll I yell ROLLING THUNDER!!!!" he dragged out the end of his sentence for a number of second until he heard howling come from behind the two of you.

A large smile came to his face and his eye britened at the adorable sound.

"I'm a dog whisperer." he said quietly.

"More like the dog yeller." you laughed, "now come on, it's getting cold out."

~~

Nishinoya pushed open the door to the quaint family resturant and called out.

The place had off white walls that had a blue tinge, and dark oak tables and chairs to contrast. A few pictures, likely of the family, hung on one of the walls of the restaurant. One caught your eye and you pointed to it.

"Hey isn't that-"

"DAICHI!!!! I brought my lady love!"

"Lady love?" you asked, "Daichi?"

"Nishinoya, I tell you every time. Don't yell in the restaurant, it disturbs the customers." Daichi walked out from behind the back wall of the restaurant wearing a red apron that matched what seemed to be his family members around the place.

Nishinoya nodded promply patting go of your hand and walking outside to stand in front of the stores giant windows.

"DAICHI!!" he yelled louder, "I BROUGHT MY LADY LOVE!!"

"Lady love?" you laughed again as Daichi growled.

"One day, I swear, I'll get a restraining order." he grumbled before turning away from the window and to you instead.

"Table for two I presume? While you eat, please keep him calm for once? I'd appreciate it."

You laughed as Nishinoya came back in to stand beside you.

"Can't make any promises." you said looking over the place again. "Though I must say. It looks nice in here. Never got a chance to come in."

Daichi smiled and lead the two of you to a table where you sat across from each other. Daichi left, probably getting another member to take his place, as the two of you settled into your seats.

Any conversation that happened over dinner would have been inaudible over the constant chewing and humming the two of you were doing. At one point Nishinoya had asked for a glass of beer which Daichi refeused to give him, to which you suggested some tea which Nishinoya reluctantly accepted.

~~

You sat on the wooden bench as you watched Nishinoya run around with a big brown chow chow chasing after him. You laughed loudly when the dog finally jumped into the man and other dogs in the park gathered round to play with him.

When he came to sit next to you he was panting and opted to lay along the bench with his head resting on your lap.

"I have discovered the true meaning of life and I want to live it everyday."

He closed his eyes as he tried to catch the breath he had lost from playing with the pets. You giggled and brushed your fingers through his sweaty hair. Nishinoya hummed but let you continue to play with it.

"Do you have a dog?" you asked.

"Sadly no," he sighed as you tugged on his roots gently. "Too afraid I won't have the time to care for it."

"So you stalk around dog parks to get your dose of cuteness?"

His chest moved up and down quickly as he laughed. "I get more than enough cuteness when I'm with you."

"Oh stop it."

Nishinoya laughed again which caught the attention of a nearby puppy who decided Nishinoya's stomachs would be a nice place to sit, sitting on his hands to render them useless. Nishinoya groaned as the owner quickly came appologising as she grabbed the small dog.

"Ha, I'm getting all the bi- nevermind. Bad joke." he said, starting to laugh before cutting himself off.

His hand reach up from his stomach and grabbed the chain of your necklace as it peaked out from behind your jacket. He played with the gem before letting it go to let his cold hand rest on your hot cheek.

"You're beautiful."

"Don't flatter me in a dog park."

"I'll flatter you where ever I want to princess. And you are beautiful, in and out of a dog park."

You laughed loudly, throwing your head back and grabbing his free hand with one of yours. You looked down at the man and smiled broadly.

"You're too sweet to me."

"I try."

~~~~~

Fun Fact:

Auntie Anne's is actually a pretzel store but the name actually has no correlation to the story's Aunt Anne.