°Chapter 18°

The necklace felt like burning metal against your chest as you spoke with the lawyer who sat in front of you. Nari held your hand tightly next to you as the words that came out of the lawyers mouth were ones you couldn't bear to hear.

"We don't have the money to out but them we are just too short."

You gripped Naris hand and turned your head away. You voice croaked as you spoke with a pained stomach.

"How short are we?"

The lawyers looked at the sheet in front of them and sighed.

"$5,000." they said quietly.

"$5,000!" Nari yelled, "we are so close is there anyway we can pay with what we've got?"

The lawyer shook their head and flipped though the pages in front of them with a pen in hand.

"They've already lowered their price if we ask for more they will not accept it and reject our offer to buy it back."

Nari fell back in her chair and choked on the tears that came.

"Out home is being taken away from us, And all we need is 5,000. What a way to go."

You breathed deeply and tightened your hold on Naris hand to pull yourself together. Looking up across the polished desk to the lawyer who held there head low, you have your best shot at putting words together.

"When does the offer close?"

"Next week, we don't have much time though, the contractors will probably get the go ahead in advanced because they do that sort of thing when investors get cocky and confident."

Your necklace burned again and you held it tightly running through numbers in your head.

Reaching your hand behind your neck. You used your nail to unclip the latch and hold the price of jewelry in your hand. The tear drop diamond shined in the light coming from the window. Your hand felt cold where tears where landing on it. Closing your hand around the gem, your pushed your hand forward and placed it on the desk. Your heart screamed to not and it pained you to say,

"Sell it, it's worth at least $10,000."

Nari looked at you as if you had betrayed her, she held you hand with the both of yours.

"(Y/N), no, that necklace it too-"

"Valuable. I know, but my family means way more to me than strangers I've never met. And I need to protect my family."

The lawyer looked at you stunned before reaching forward to hold the necklace that rested on the table.

"Are you sure about this?"

You nodded with a firm 'Yes' to follow.

The lawyer nodded and stood up. Their chair slid softly against the wood floor as their hand came out to shake yours.

"I promise to make sure that you get your home back. Do not worry Ms. (L/N) I am one hundred percent sure that you will."

You looked them in the eyes with a sad smile, and as a final year ran down your face you nodded your head and gave the most sincere, "thank you" that you could give.

~~~~

You sat behind the counter of your shop, the kids ran around making friends with children that walked though the front doors. You smiled and began to organise the counter area. The sun was worm as it shone through the front windows. It was very peaceful this Sunday. The bell to the front entrance have a small ding as  the door was opened and then your sun was blocked out and the peaceful feeling you had was pushed away.

"Where's your necklace?" Nishinoya stood in front of you still in his volleyball gear. Alex walked up from behind him, noticed the tense situation, then proceeded to walk upstairs with his volleyball back in hand.

You looked down at your hands that were now supporting your weight on the counter. Nishinoya was quick to act putting one hand on yours and the other under your chin to lift your head up.

"Hey, I know something's wrong so I won't even ask if 'you're okay', but I want to know Why my beautiful princess isn't smiling like she normally does."

You chuckled a bit and pushed you head into Nishinoya's hand. He responded by opening his hand up to hold your cheek gently. You took a beep breath and exhaled before speaking.

"I had to sell my necklace to make up the rest of the money for the house. Good news," You smiled as your vision began to blur and your throat began to burn.

"I've got my home back."

Nishinoya laughed, smile growing with yours. He ran around the counter to wrap his arms around you.

"Why didn't you ask me for money?"

You shook your head, "You've already done brought I couldn't ask for more."

Nishinoya shook his head and held you tighter, "you could've asked me to give up my money to go run away with you to come foreign coountry and I would do it no question. I would've done this for you."

You smiled and pushed your cheek into his shoulder.

"But what about your necklace it means so much to you."

You laughed, "probably in some ponshop somewhere. But it doesn't matter," you looked him in the eyes and held a gentle smile. The sun was warm is it shined through the windows at the front of your home.

"Because this is my family and my home, that necklace can take a hike because I want this. What I have now, I don't need my mother's diamond necklace. Not as long as I have my family."

Nishinoya's smile was sweet he held you colds to him and looked you in the eyes. His chest rose as he breathed in and his smile grew, you felt warm and comfortable in his arms.

"Would it be a bad time to say I love you?"

You laughed and quickly debated in your mind on what you could say next.

"Moving quick there aren't you? One date and you are already confessing your love for me?"

"What can I say? I have to move quick before some handsome stranger comes and sweeps you off of your feet."

You laughed and gently hit him in the shoulder.

"You do realise you did exactly that right?"

"I know! That's why I know it works on you. I have to make sure I do something before others catch on and try to steal you from me!"

You laughed loudly as you stepped away from your hug with the man.

"You're being dramatic now."

"You know you love it."

You looked at Nishinoya and smiled gently.

"If love it more if you went to go take a shower."

Pursing his lips Nishinoya tried not to smile as he slowly walked up the stairs dramatically holding the railing.

"Princess! How you wound me! I thought you liked my manly musk! I thoug-"

"Go shower!" you laughed as he nodded then ran the rest of the way up the stairs.

You turned your attention to the kids that ran around and crowed the general area of the store. A grin settled on your face as your heart warmed. This was all you needed.

~~~~~

I literally have to kick myself to update and I hate myself for it but I promise. That I will put a commitment to it because it's almost done!