Worth a Try

"If they try anything I-" "We won't hold you back."

"He isn't answering my calls" Derek informs us as he walks back into the room. "Great" Lydia lets out. "And your dad? What about him?" "He'll be here in an hour" Allison answers. "An hour?" I raise my eyebrows. "Well the good news is the twins will be here as soon as possible" I add to the conversation. "It's what you call good news" Stiles blurs out. I look at him and smirk. "If the twins arrive I'm going to search for Scott and Isaac." Allison nods her head before answering. "I'm going with you" she tells me. "Count me in" Lydia says. "Oh I'm in" Stiles then adds. We look at Derek who's looking back at the four of us. He lets his head fall back and clears his throat. "Fine." Right after Derek decides to join in on us the doorbell rings. As I walk towards the door to open it I thank Derek for wanting to help us. He nods at me before I turn around to open the door only to see the twins standing there.

The seven of us walk through the woods as we try to find any supernatural hints. "Any word from your father?" I ask Allison who is now walking next to me. She grabs her phone real quick to check it. "Not since last time, no." I focus back on the path in front of me. "We've searched everywhere. Are we sure they're even here?" "We're not" Lydia replies on Stiles' question. "We should split up and explore the town. They have to be in Beacon Hills" I suggest. I look around to see the reactions of the pack and they all agree with me. "The twins and Lydia will go with me. Allison and Derek will go with Stiles. When Argent comes here he will too." "We'll start at the school" Allison tells Stiles and Derek. "We'll start at the animal clinic and make our way towards the park" Ethan decides for us and I nod at him.
-
"Do you have a scent?" I ask the twins as the four of us walk towards the animal clinic. "No, or at least not of them." "Then whose do you?" I ask as we continue to walk. "His" Ethan says as he points at a skunk who's digging into some trash. "Well that's just lovely" I whisper to myself. "Guys.. Check this out" Lydia says which causes the three of us to look behind us to where Lydia is standing. The twins make their way towards Lydia as I shine the flashlight I'm holding around to make sure no one's here. I walk towards the rest after I've assured myself that we're all alone. "What did you find?" I ask before I see it myself. I let out a simple "oh" the moment I find out what Lydia's found. "Let's go in" Aiden says as he tries to opens the cellar door. "No way. Are you crazy?" Lydia answers as she pulls his hand away from the handle. "You asked us to check this out, didn't you?" Aiden says which makes Ethan turn around to face Lydia. "Aren't you curious to what's inside?" "Yes, but... What if it's, you know... him" she says. "Guys let's just..." I try to speak, but get interrupted by Aiden who opens the door. As soon as the door opens, a cloud of dust flows right out of the room. As the cloud passes us, along with the coughing, a bright light shines from out of the basement. The sunlight-colored light covers our sight within a second.

Chapter 40: Worth a try