The Alley

Ethan smirks and nods as he gives me a friendly glance before walking back in. I follow him, but stop for a second to look back to the street light which is now shining brightly again with no figure to be seen.

"So what's our next move?" I start as I break the silence and after a few looks have been shared between the twins, both of them answer the same thing. "ehhh," they say. My sight then falls on Lydia who's leaning her forehead against the locked door. "Maybe we should continue to search for the guys," I say as my mind wanders back to Isaac. Worry starts to rise up again in my mind and I can feel my heart becoming a bit heavier than before. "But I'm sure there's something here," Lydia whispers a bit disappointed as she pushes herself away from the door. "You've tried everything to come inside, but it didn't work... don't you think it's better for us to return with some help?" but as I speak Lydia still looks just as disappointed as she did before. "Fine" she whispers before walking towards the exit of the room and so we follow her along.

We continue our walk towards the park in complete silence. Aiden and Lydia walk in front of both Ethan and I. Lydia still looks as disappointed as before, but it's not like I don't believe in her... I just need to find Isaac before anything happens to him and who knows who else will get hurt. We've arrived at the park and still there hasn't been any sight of both Isaac or Scott. Lydia sits down on one of the benches while Aiden looks a bit annoyed by the fact that we haven't made any progress yet. "Have you heard anything of the others?" Lydia asks the moment she looks up to me. I take a look at Lydia who seems a bit exhausted and shake my head slowly. "No, not yet." As I've finished my sentence I look behind me. There's something there, but I'm not sure what. I can feel a presence. I can feel someone's eyes on me. The whole way here I felt like I was being followed, just like I thought I saw someone standing next to that streetlight. As I look behind my I look straight into a dark alley. The same alley we just walked through and again I seem to lay my eyes on a figure. A dark, cold and tall figure. I decide to keep my voice silent, but I still want to inform the group about the figure which is following us so instead I try to hint them with the help of my facial expressions. Lydia immediately understands what I'm trying to say and where I'm hinting towards, but when she looks towards the alley she returns me a confusing look which makes me wonder where the figure went. I take a look behind me and find myself looking into nothing but darkness. It's impossible to even see a figure if it were there. Am I losing it? Or is it trying to hint me?

Chapter 43: The Alley