For You

His arm hung loosely over your shoulder, tight enough to keep you by his side but not a hurtful hold.

It reminded you in a way of how Daryl used to do the same, or better yet just hold your hand. That was probably one of the things you missed most about him, the simple way he'd slip his hand into yours without a word.

Negan was finally - after days - allowing you to see Daryl. Your constant wondering and asking about him was beginning to drive him mad.

Although Daryl was close, just hallways away he was locked in a dark room; a prisoner in a cell. You never got to see him though, the last time was when you all kneeled in a circle. Watching Negan beat your friends, the memory forever stuck in your head.

The look of longing on his face that night still plays in your head, the glance at his bleeding shoulder and a sense of fear in his eyes. That was the last time you saw him, and although it had only been a few days... Without him it felt like months.

A minute didn't pass you by that you weren't wondering how he was, if he was okay or if he was even still alive.

Soon you hear the sound of tires on gravel, and see Dwight pull up. Daryl somewhere in the back of the vehicle.

When Daryl exits though, your heart drops. A soft gasp escaping your mouth as you see his condition. He may not be bleeding, but you wonder if this is worse.

Wearing a beige jumpsuit, with an A on the front. The letter looing like it was written in spray paint in some way.

You can see the large darkening bags under his eyes, making you question how long it's been since he's slept. His hair is long, almost covering his eyes. Each strand drenched in sweat and coated in grease. His facial hair has grown since the last time you'd seen him or maybe you had just forgotten about it.

He looks weaker, as if everything he had had been drained. Though he still wouldn't break, you believed that. His strength was never going to waver no matter how weak physically he was.

He looks at you like it was the first time in years, pain and love mixing in his Georgia blues. You know he's trying to focus on you and your face, but can't help noticing Negan with his arm around you.

"Daryl." His name slips from your lips as he limps forward. Dwight pushing him from behind.

He looks at you, confused at the situation you stand in and then angered. "Ye get away from him, ye hear me."

His voice is low as it always was, but this time it seems more scratchy. More of a grumble, but that could be because of the anger rising in him.

He says it to protect you, but what he doesn't know is that you're standing beside Negan to protect him.

"Hey," Negan's voice booms. Feeling his hand slide up down to the small of your back. "you watch your mouth there, talking to my new wife here."

You watch Daryl's face fall, his heart breaking on the inside but keeping his composure on the outside. Although you see his pain through the mask.

"Daryl," You say walking towards him till Negan pulls you back. "I'm sorry."

Your voice whispers the last two words, and you can see the way he wonders if he can believe you. That you really are sorry for this.

The ride back was quiet, as your head leans against the window. Your thoughts all centered around Daryl, the look on his face making you want to cry.

You feel Negan's right hand hold onto your thigh, as his left steers the car. His thumb rubs over your denim jean covered skin softly, the feeling making your guilt build in your stomach.

The rest of the day goes the same as it had been for the past few, and the night ended the same too. Looking to your left, the other side of the mattress holds a sleeping Negan. Unaware that you are awake.

You slowly get up, making sure not to make a noise nor a movement he can feel. Slipping on your jeans and a sweatshirt, you grab something small from Negan's pocket of the pants he wore today. A small key you saw him slide in there earlier in the day.

Opening the door with ease, You close it slowly making sure the click doesn't wake him up.

You take a moment to breathe deeply before walking down the dark somewhat empty hallway.

Making several rights and a left, you get to the place you saw Dwight watching earlier. No one stands guard at the moment, but you can hear the blast of a repetitive song on loop. The sound seeping straight into the cell.

Walking over, you slip the small brass colored key into the lock of a small power box, turning the music off. You can almost hear the relief from the other side of the door.

"Daryl?" You whisper, hoping he can hear you through the large and heavy door.

"Daryl, it's me." You whisper again and hear a slight shuffle from the other side.

"What are ye doin here?" His voice croaks, sounding as though he hasn't had any water all day. Or at least none he's actually willing to drink.

"I needed to come and talk to you," You say, leaning your head against the door. "just for a minute."

You can tell he's holding back saying what he wants to, whether it would be about what he saw earlier in the day or his own feelings off longing for you.

"I am so sorry," You tell him, feeling the sting of hot tears in the corners of your eyes. "you have to know that."

It's silent for a moment, and waiting for a response is almost agonizing.

"Why?" He asks, his voice breaking.

"We made a deal," You try to explain, your heart beating hard in your chest. "if I agreed to become his wife, he promised me he wouldn't kill you."

Daryl grunts lowly, "Ye believed him?"

You let out a shaky breath, "I know he could've been lying to me, I know that."

"Then why did ya agree to it?" He shoots back.

"Because Daryl," You pause, biting your lip to keep your sobs from escaping. "I'd agree to anything if it meant you got to live. If you wouldn't be harmed in anyway."

"I love you, that's why I did it. Because when you love someone," Pressing your palm aginst the cool metal door. "you put them before yourself. In any and everyway."

Although you can't be sure, and you have no way of seeing it, you can feel something deep down that tells you he put his palm on the door as well. Right on top of yours, as if reaching through the door to touch you.

"Ye did that for me?" He whispers, vulnerablity coming to the surface in his words.

"Yeah," You breathe out, a small smile spreading across your lips. "I did that for you."

A/N: A longer one today! :)  Some parts may be different than the show but I hope you like this as much as I do! ❤