Flash of Life

It was like the flash of a camera taking a picture in time; it all flying past him in that one split second. Seeing all that was to happen and all that was to be experienced.

Every smile, every laugh, every kiss. Every adventure, every challenge to be tackled, every single moment of love.

"You alright love?" She asked him gently, her white dress that flowed down her body swayed as she walked into the room where he stood.

He turned to look at her, the band of daisies wrapped loosly around her head as if some type of crown fit her perfectly. Only adding to her natural beauty.

Daryl nods, letting her know he's okay. That he's better than okay; he's happy.

"They want to make some toasts," She tugs at his hand, trying to get him to follow her. "come on."

The place sparkled with a look of simple beauty; nothing overhwleming but instead soft and simplistic. The color of white mixed with the fresh daisies she incorporated in.

Sitting down in the chairs marked for the bride and groom, she doesn't loosen her hold on his hand.

"When I first learned of Daryl's infatuation with the woman he can now call his wife," Rick begins to say as he stands up. "I doubted his chances. I looked at her; the way she was as open as a meadow, and then to Daryl and the way his walls stretched tall."

"But time passed and there was something about her ability to bring light out of every soul she touched," Looking over at his wife, he sees the glimmer of tears reflecting in her eyes. "and Daryl was no different. She brought a part of him out into the sun, and he's been better because of it.

Squeezing her hand gently, Daryl brings it up to his lips. Placing a soft kiss to the back of her hand.

"It didn't surprise me when Daryl began to ask me when I knew with Lori; when I knew that she was the one. How to know when you've reached that point. What did surprise me, is the fact that he actually asked her. I could tell he wanted to, I just never envisioned Daryl propsing to someone."

Rick raises his glass along with all the other guests, "But being here now, after the vows that were just shared... I believe that he made the best decision he could possibly make in life. And so, to the two of you, I wish you love and good fortune as you move forward into this new chapter of your life."

As clasps erupt and tears are wiped away, Daryl bends down to kiss his wife's cheek tenderly.

Sending that flash back to him; seeing just moments ago kissing her in front of his friends.. The people he can call his family.

"I, like Rick, doubted the foundation of this relationship when my best friend told me she was fallin for the redneck." Maggie speaks, standing up as it's her turn now.

"But like him, I was proved wrong. She showed me that everyone has the ability to change; it's just about finding it inside yourself. And sometimes, in Daryl's case, it requires a certain special person to help you out."

Letting out a light laugh, Daryl kisses his wife's cheek again. "A very special person." He whispers in her ear.

"I found my soulmate when I least expected it, as did the bride." Maggie smiles happily at her friend and then at her husband beside her. "But sometimes that just shows you that there really are blessings. That God finds the perfect moments to introduce that special someone into our lives... Before we even know how badly we'll need them."

From the death of his brother, to the loss of her family as well... They were brought together. To be each others family.

"My daddy told me once that when it comes to love, none of it makes sense. If it did, it wouldn't be love."

"So it only proves that this unlikely couple, the complete opposite set of people would be ones to fall in love. And I can't wait to see where it takes you."

As the reception clears out after hours of toasts, music, laughter and love... Daryl carries his new bride into their home. Ready for their first night officially married.

"You know what I want to do?" She asks, as he loosens the tie around his neck that had been driving him mad.

"Does it involve a bed?" He jokes watching her shake her head at him.

"Very funny," Kissing his cheek she walks over to the old record player. "but I want one more dance with my husband. Alone."

Daryl could barely muster up the courage to do the first dance out in front of everyone, he doesn't know if he can dance a second time.

But for her... He'll try.

As the soft melody soon floats through the room, and arms hold each other as their footing moves them round and round, Daryl sees it once again.

The flashs of light showing him the life he's to have with his wife.

The kids they'll raise, the love they'll have for each other through it all, and the memories they'll take to their graves.

Flashes of light... Flashes of life.

A/N: Wrote this one differently then I usually do, let me know what you think!