Speechless

Daryl felt ridiculous. Completely ridiculous as he glanced at the man who stared back at him in the mirror. Parts of the reflection reminded him of himself, but others made him seem as though it was a different person entirely.

His hair that stuck up slightly in differing directions was the same, growing longer day after day. But not long enough to allow you to cut. The expression pressed across his tanned face was the same, possibly a bit more tense. But his eyes, those were both familiar and new. They were the same shade of blue he always had, but they shimmered with something behind him that he couldn't pin point.

Everything else about the reflection in the mirror resembled a man Daryl hadn't quite met yet. But as the butterflies do somersaults in his stomach the longer he stares at the reflection in the mirror, he wouldn't say it was a man he wouldn't want to meet. Just one he never thought he'd get the chance to.

You felt beautiful. Completely beautiful as you smiled at the reflection of the woman in the mirror hung in front of you. She glowed, there was no doubt about it. Like the heavens had lit a spotlight and shone it down upon you. Everything about your appearance was pure and shimmering.

Your hair had been pulled back, pinned behind, allowing the rest of your hair to fall in waves over your shoulders. The strands just barely touching the lace fabric that hugs just south of the top of your shoulders.

And your skin glimmers like you were born again. The rosey tone of your cheeks boldened by the color of blush and your eyes lined in soft pencil to make the eyes that already stood out, more prominent. Your lips were glossed gently in pale color, and your ears were pierced with the small glittering studs your mother gifted you before she passed.

The woman you know in the mirror is yourself, but her glowing happiness takes you back for a moment. Causing you to question, just for a moment, if all of this is true and happening. Or if it's all just some crazy dream. But as you stare at the woman that smiles back, you wouldn't even care if this was indeed all a dream.

Daryl had his hand continually slapped away by Rick and the others, as he played at the neck of the shirt that was digging into his skin. He wasn't used to such tight fabrics confining him in this way.

The tie that he needed help tying, makes his neck feel as though he's being chocked. And his arms feel as though they'll rip through the black fabric of the jacket he wears. His legs feel odd, not used to wearing anything other than roughed up jeans. And it goes for his shoes too. Not allowed to wear the boots he's been wearing for years, he settled for ones that he had to squeeze into.

Looking once more in the mirror at the man dressed in a black suit, Daryl hardly recognizes himself. He feels uncomfortable. Uneasy. Unsure. But Rick continues to assure the nervous and anxious redneck, that once he sees you... He'll be sure.

The lace glimmers against the tan of your skin. Your sun kissed skin holding more of a purpose today, rather than just a sunburn here and there. Today, it makes the shimmers of silver woven into the lace sparkle.

White fabric flows down your legs, and twirling with a smile you feel like a princess in a fairytale. Even when you know outside those doors stands a world of death and decay, but for today you feel as though it's so much more. That there is still magic to be seen, and beauty to be felt.

Maggie and Beth and so many other help you with the short train on your dress. Lifting it in case it gets caught, commenting over and over how stunning you look as you walk in the heels you had to reaquaint yourself with.

Your heart may thump loudly inside of your chest, and the world may try to make you question this day... But you know that you want this. You need this. Daryl needs this. Everyone does. To see that the world may take and take, but every once and awhile it can still give.

Daryl feels eyes on him, burning holes into his chest that is clothed in tight black fabric. Only making his anxious heart beat harder inside his constricting chest. He looks to the people sitting in chairs they moved outside into the yard, the way they smile happily and somehow look more sure than he does. He looks to Rick who stands beside him who smiles out in the crowd as he catches his new baby girl's eye. And finally he looks to the door that you will walk out of in a moment, and swallows another lump of nerves growing deep in his throat.

Your hands shake as Maggie hands you the bouquet of wildflowers, and touches your shoulder comfortingly. The colors of the flowers stand bold in shades of lilac and yellow against the pure white of your gown. Your heart thumps like a drum inside your chest, and staring at the doors that will open at any minute you feel as though you may faint.

But as those doors pull open, you stand tall in your heels. And as they open fully, your eyes fall upon not just all your family who helped set this day up. But him. The man you are about to marry.

Daryl Dixon. Dressed in his very best makes you smile softly, never did you ever think you would get him out of that vest and away from his crossbow. But there he stands. His eyes shimmering as the setting sun falls behind him. And taking a brave step forward, you make your way towards him.

Rick was right Daryl realizes. As his eyes fall upon you for the first time that day, your white dress flowing down your body resulting in perfection... He's sure.

Daryl feels speechless as you walk his way, your eyes watching him as you do. And his nerves and his feelings of discomfort and embarassment fade away. For as he looks at you walking towards him in a glittering figure of silver and white, he smiles. A shy smile that curls against his lips, he feels utterly speechless.

You were always his weakness and today he feels like he just dropped to his knees. For you took the air from his lungs and left him a shell of the man he once was. And as his hands grip yours as you now stand beside him, he realizes that the man in the mirror was him all along. The man he was... And the man he was about to become. A husband. And staring at your in all your breathless wonder... He knows he's ready.

A/N: A little Daryl fluff never hurt anyone... Right?? 😂💕I was tempted to delete this but decided to post it and see what you guys thought.
Its inspired by Dan+Shay's song Speechless