Chapter 7

Two uploads in one day! You lucky people;)

_______________________________________________________

I was three months into my treatment. I hadn't touched any sort of drugs since I'd started. I occasionally had a drink or two with my parents or Matt, but that was all. I only ever saw Matt occasionally, and I hadn't seen any of the guys since I moved out.

Matt told me they were asking about me, even Johnny and Zack seemed to miss my company, which completely shocked me. But I refused to see them, I made Matt promise he wouldn't bring them here. He agreed with me, though he tried multiple times to at least get me to see Brian.

"Ashley, I know you love him. No matter how many times you tell me you don't, I know you do. And I'm pretty damn sure he likes you too." Matt said, sitting opposite me in the living room.

"Oh, so you know everything that goes on in my head Matt? And how would you know that Brian likes me? Did he tell you this?" I asked, snapping at him slightly.

"You're my sister. I've known you all your life, I can tell when you're lying." he said, truthfully. He did know when I was lying, but I still refused to admit any feelings for Brian. "And Syn's been acting weird lately.. like, he doesn't hardly come out anymore. He just stays in his apartment all the time, drinking I presume. I assume it's because I told him what you said last time. Telling him you never wanted to see him again really hurt him. It hurt everyone."

"Well it's true. I don't want to see any of them again. I didn't even want to see you, Matt. You don't need me in your life. I may be sorting myself out, but it's not a guaranteed fix. I could do what I did last time.."

I didn't want to know about what Brian was doing, even if he was drinking away his sorrows. My guess was he'd found a new girl to fuck and was spending all his free time doing that.

In the past three months my weight had dropped drastically. I was never a very healthy weight while I was on drugs, but while I was off them, I looked like a stick. I could hardly eat, or even drink. I slept a lot and didn't really get out much.

The only time I did really get out was to go to work at one of the stores in town. Mum managed to persuade the manager to give me a trial run, and to my surprise they offered me the job permanently. It was a small ammount of money but it was enough that I'd saved up to rent the flat I wanted in a small town just outside of Huntington Beach.

I looked online at the flat and the area around it. It was a small town, but it had opportunities. There was a film studio there that I was eager to apply for a job at. One of the only subjects I passed at school was Media/Film studies, and I'd had past experience, and was eager to pursue the career I'd wanted since I was 13 years old.

I rung up the estate agents and booked a viewing for the flat in Sun Beach. I was excited to have the oppetunity to be moving out, and was really eager to tell everyone of my plans.

Mum and Dad were really supportive of my decision to move out. They wanted me to come back and visit often, though I never planned to. I rung Matt and asked him if I could come over to his house for the day. He was fairly surprised that I'd asked but he agreed to let me come over.

Unsurprisingly, Johnny and Brian were at Matt's. Jimmy and Zacky were there too, they hadn't gone out. I felt like I was intruding slightly, I hadn't seen them in three months and all of a sudden I was just coming back. But knowing I was only coming back to tell them I was leaving them completely made me feel slightly better.