Chapter 17

I was sat with Sharon and Ellie at a cafe down the road from work, on our break. I'd confided everything in both of them, and to say they were shocked is an understatement.

"So what you're saying is.. you've been sleeping with Joe.. and now Brian hates you.. and you want him back?" Sharon said, a confused look on her face.

"Yeah. I know, it's horrible. I'm such a mess." I said, my head in my hands. Ellie burst out laughing and my head shot up to glare at her.

"What's funny?" I spat.

"This whole situation. I mean, I'm not saying you should've slept with Joe.. or gotten yourself pissed out of your skull, but seriously, if he loves you, he'll forgive you." she smiled reassuringly.

"But he won't. You don't know him, he's a stubborn bastard, and he's Synyster Gates! He could have any girl in the whole world if he wanted. He chose me, and I just threw it back in his face!"

I sipped my hot chocolate and sighed. Ellie and Sharon were just staring at me, not saying anything. I tried to control myself, I felt like crying, but I couldn't. I didn't want to cry in front of them again, not over Brian.

"I think you should call him." Sharon said.

"Tried it. Loads. He won't answer."

"Then go see him, you idiot. Show him you love him, and that you'll go to any lengths to get him back." Ellie put in.

"I never had him in the first place." I said.

"Bullshit. If he's so pissed at you for sleeping with another guy.. then you had him. And you'll have him again. As soon as we finish work, I'll drive you to Huntington myself." Ellie said, proud of herself.

"Earth to Ellie! They're on tour, and I have no idea where they are right now. If I did, don't you think I'd have gone by now?" I tried to laugh, but I just couldn't, I was too upset.

"It's not hard to find out. Just go online and look." she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't have Internet in my apartment." I replied, slightly embarrassed that I didn't. I just couldn't afford it.

"Well... wait here." Ellie said, and before we could even think about what she meant, she ran straight out of the door and down the street, making everyone look at her in complete shock and confusion. Ellie didn't care though, she never did care what people thought.

"Where's she going?" I asked Sharon, who just shrugged.

"I assume she's gone to find out where your lover boy is right now." she winked. I couldn't help but smile at her. They really were the best friends a girl could have.

* * * * * *

"Go faster, El!" Sharon shouted as we were speeding down the motorway on the way to a small place, just outside of Las Vegas.

"I don't want another ticket! I'm already over the speed limit, I swear if I get another ticket you're both pitching in to pay it!" she replied, speeding up anyway.

"I'm not so sure about this anymore.." I said.

"Shut up, we're gonna go get your man back!" Ellie said, laughing to herself.

"If 'my man'" I said, using air quotes, "wasn't Synyster Gates, would you bother?" I asked, finally saying what I'd been thinking all day.

"Oh my god, you did not just say that!" Sharon almost screamed.

"We'd drive you to get your man if he was a hobo from New York!" Ellie said excitedly.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow in disbelief.