FUN HORSE QUIZ!!

Want to know if you know alot of cool things about horses? Well take this quiz!
{This is just for fun so don't be upset with your results. All answers are from google. And you might want a piece of paper and a pen to keep track of your score. There is 10 questions!}

Let's start!

{DO NOT SCROLL UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER}
1)What is the smallest breed?
A.Shetland Pony
B.Falabella
C.Halflinger
D.Welsh Pony
{You can scroll to see answer}

The answer is B!
The Falabella miniature horse is the smallest breed in the world! It is 8 hands!

2)True or False: Horse Riding Started in 3,500 BC in Central Asia.
A.True
B.False
{Scroll when you get your answer}

The answer is true! Horse Riding originated in 3,500 BC in Central Asia! Archeologists found remains of bones from the breed: Kazakh.

3) What was the age of the oldest horse?
A.51
B.36
C.62
D.43
{Scroll when you get your answer}

The answer is A!
Shayne, a liver chestnut Irish Draught cross thoroughbred, had been enjoying a comfortable retirement at an Essex sanctuary, spending up to five hours a day in the fresh air despite suffering from mild arthritis. He lived to be 51!

4)What is the scientific name for a wild horse?
A.Equus ferus
B.Equus
C.Equine Feni
D.Equss farus
{Scroll when you have your answer}

The answer is A! The wild horse (Equus ferus) is a species of the genus Equus, which includes as subspecies the modern domesticated horse (Equus ferus caballus) as well as the undomesticated tarpan (Equus ferus ferus), now extinct, and the endangered Przewalski's horse (Equus ferus przewalskii).

5)Can horses throw up?
A.Yes
B.No
C.Depends on what they eat
D.I don't know
{Scroll when you have your answer}

The answer is B!
Horses, however, differ from us because their valve really works. Humans can vomit. Horses almost physically can't because of the power of the cut-off valve muscle. Also, the esophagus meets the stomach at an angle which enhances the cut-off function when the horse's stomach is bloated with food or gas.

6) How long does it take after birth, for a foal to walk?
A.1 Day
B.55 Minutes
C.30Minutes
D.1 Hour
{Scroll when you have your answer}

The answer is B!
Within the first two hours, a foal starts breathing (within seconds), lifts its head (within 5 minutes), attempts to rise (within 10 minutes), stands (within 55 minutes), vocalizes (within 45 minutes), defecates meconium (within 30 minutes) etc..

7) Which is NOT a coat color?
A.Orange Roan
B.Blue Roan
C.Red Roan
D.Bay Roan
{Scroll when you have your answer}

The answer is A! Orange is NOT a type of Roan! Lol that would be cool tho!

8) Which Breed is nicknamed the "Golden Horses"?
A.Palomino
B.Akhal-Teke
C.Halflinger
D.None
{Scroll when you have your answer}

The answer is B! The Akhal-Teke, from Turkmen Ahalteke,is a horse breed from Turkmenistan, where they are a national emblem.They have a reputation for speed and endurance, intelligence, and a distinctive metallic sheen. The shiny coat of palominos and buckskins led to their nickname "Golden Horses".These horses are adapted to severe climatic conditions and are thought to be one of the oldest existing horse breeds.There are currently about 6,600 Akhal-Tekes in the world, mostly in Turkmenistan and Russia, although they are also found throughout Europe and North America.

9) What is the highest jump ever jumped?
A. 8ft
B.7ft
C.9ft
D.6ft
{Scroll when you have your answer}

The answer is A! The official Fédération Equestre Internationale record for high jump is 2.47 m (8 ft 1.25 in) by Huaso ex-Faithful, ridden by Capt. Alberto Larraguibel Morales (Chile) at Viña del Mar, Santiago, Chile on 5 February 1949.

Last one!
10) How many horse breeds are there?
A.Over 350
B.Over 250
C.Over 400
D.Over 150
{Scroll after you get your answer}

The answer is A! There are over 350 breeds of ponies and horses in the world today which fall into four major groups.

SCORES:
If you got mostly A': You really know your horse stuff! Good Job!!

If you got mostly B's: You truly love horse! Keep it up!

If you mostly got C's: Eh, I would study a bit more!

If you mostly got D's: Plz keep studying!

Hey! I hoped you guys enjoyed this! Sorry this was kinda messed up. The was my first quiz without using an actual quiz making cite! Let me know what you got!!