Chapter 5

I put the gun back in its holster which I put on my waist. I started to stand up when I realized he could have other valuable stuff on him. I groaned and continued to loot him. He had nothing else of value except for a small blade and some coins.

The blade was made of a silver metal and a black handle which was made to fit the hand comfortably. I managed to spot it due to the shine of the blade reflecting the sun's rays. The blade was located on the back of Zack's waist in a hidden pouch. My guess is that he would use the blade when he wanted to surprise his target. I placed his blade and pouch on the back of my waist attached to my pants exactly how Zack had it. I stood up and walked away from his body. I emerged from the woods and saw his horse still waiting where he left it.

I started to walk up to the horse and it started to freak out and kick all around it. My guess would be that either Silva or I spooked it. Once I saw an opening to approach it I went for it getting up close to the horse and tried calming it down.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Calm down!"

The horse looked me in the eyes and calmed down.

"There. That's it."

I grabbed a hold of the saddle that was on the horse and hoisted myself up on the horse. I expected the horse to be uneasy about someone new being on their back, but this horse was calm, cool, and collected. I took a hold of the reins and started to try and get the horse to start going in the direction Silva and I were headed, but the horse wouldn't budge. I kept trying to get the horse going and it stood still not moving at all.

"C'mon horse. Work with me here."

*sigh*

"Giddy up!"

The horse started to gallop away in the direction we were originally headed. I looked behind and Silva was just behind the horse, but still keeping up. The wind blowing against my face as the horse galloped onward to our unknown destination.

We travelled for what seemed to be hours but it would have been longer on foot. We arrived at a town that seemed empty. I pulled on the reins to make the horse stop. The horse obliged and stopped completely. I hopped off and walked towards the rundown sign of the town.

Welcome to Aria!

There was more words on the sign but it was worn out and unable to read. I walked back to Silva and the horse. I grabbed the reins and started to walk into town.

"Silva. You should probably stay out of town. I don't want anyone to panic while we are here."

Silva whined and rubbed up against me.

"I'm sorry Silva, but you can't come into town. If you hear me scream then come and help. Other than that stay here. It's for your own safety."

Silva went over by a tree and sat next to it. I turned back to the entrance to the city. I took hold of the reins on the horse and started to walk into the city with the horse following me.