Chapter 12: Home at Last... Or Not...

A/N: hahahahhaha I didn't upload for two weeks I'm so sorry
Also things underlined and italicized like this are things you cannot hear.
----------------------------------------------
(Y/N) POV:
I wish I had never witnessed the others gain their relics. I should have stopped it... I could tell as soon as he lost trust in Irene, he regretted his decision of taking his relic. I don't have one, but this isn't any different from the others. I know Irene only did it so I could feel included, but it felt like she wasn't herself that day. Maybe I shouldn't restore her memories. Some things are best left forgotten. I could hear Aphmau yelling at me to stop spacing out. I'm pretty sure I felt my eyes close though. I was taken back to the strange world with the REAL Irene and the others as well, in their original bodies and souls. "(Y/N)? Are you ok?" I heard a voice call out. It was Shad's. I woke up, but only saw Shad there. "Where are the others, did they leave?" I asked.
"I'm fine by the way." Shad looked relieved. "The others decided not to visit. Well... maybe Irene, but she needs a rest." He replied. I wanted to ask him so many more things, but I heard that bell ring. "Shad, I have to go, but I want you to know that I'll always be your friend." I said. Shad looked surprised, then spaced out, but quickly hugged me before I left. "I'll always love you." Shad whispered. I couldn't hear it though. I felt the white consume me and I was back to the world where they were all reincarnated, and a memoryless Irene. "(Y/N)! Are you ok? You fainted!" Aphmau screamed. Geez this woman is scary sometimes. I stood up and gave her a look saying, 'I'm fine.' She seemed to understand and led me to Pheonix Drop. I'm back Phoenix Drop, and I'm staying for good this time.

Third Person POV:
Zane ran towards the town plaza. He knew if (Y/N) had come back, Aphmau would lead her to the town square. Meanwhile, (Y/N) and Aphmau were walking towards the plaza, but all of a sudden, she heard Aphmau call her "(Secret Nickname)." Only Irene and the divine knew that... (Y/N) put on a straight face and pretended she didn't know who "(secret nickname)" was. Zane saw (Y/N) and Aphmau start walking there, but noticed a mood change in (Y/N). He wondered whether she was alright or troubled by something... or someone.

Y/N POV:
I see Zane. I think that Aphmau and the others actually accepted him. There was something off about him though. I could feel it coursing through his veins. Hate. Despair. Agony. Relief. Fear. Strength. But most or all, I felt corruption. He isn't changed. He just wanted to gain their trust and stab them in the back. I can't believe that I had feelings for him once. This is the kind of thing that Hyria warned me about. But... the emotions seem to be coming from a magical source. Maybe a relic? Suddenly, it was clear to me. He had Shad's relic. It was important that he was hidden from Aaron, because once he dies, Shad will return. Not in a good way of course. He has an ultimate hatred for Irene, but always seemed gentle and soft towards me. I am on my nerve because of Aphmau, and now Zane. I need a break. I ran away from Aphmau as she called me (secret nickname) again and went to where my secret hideout was. I never mentioned it, but it was a waterfall with enchanted trees and plants around it. The only person who could access it was me, and I had to go there to hide. I ran as fast as I could to the spot and entered and sealed the entrance. It was exactly the same as I left it.