Chapter 22: I Hope That We Could Meet Again Someday... (Finale Final Part)

A/N: okay I know this is a double update, but I seriously want to finish this book before it drags out any longer. It's been over a year or two since this book first came out, and now I seriously want to finish it instead of making it any longer. I'm sorry if the ending does not please you, but I want to actually work on my MyStreet book now. I may or may not make a sequel to this depending on whether you want it or not so I guess we'll just wait and see...

Third Person POV: 

The figure that had blocked this blow was no other than Zane. So many thoughts were going through (Y/N)'s head right now. She could not comprehend why he would care so much, even after she expressed her feelings to him. Shad however, smirked as he could now kill the both of them. Shad and Zane started to fight each other in the large room, half of it filled with golden blood. (Y/N) fell to her knees and started to lose even more of the light in her eyes. After a few minutes, a grunt of pain rang out. It had come from Shad. Aaron's body refused to let him take over the entire time, but as soon as Aaron saw the person he was fighting, he stared at Zane in shock. During this period, Shad had started to attack Zane again, but this time Aaron did not stop him. Zane knew what was happening, so he decided that he would not die at this body's hands again. Shad seemed to only grow more powerful with his growing anger while Zane seemed to grow weaker from all of the strong hits he was blocking. He had also run all of the way here, dodging many Shadow Knights in the process to protect (Y/N) so he was exhausted already. Shad had noticed that Zane increasingly got weaker with every block, so he grinned evilly. Shad started to advance towards Zane, still attacking, while Zane started to back up, blocking the best he could. Zane was soon cornered and practically against the wall, blocking with extreme difficulty. Zane soon found an opening to escape so he did, but he got grazed with Shad's sword in the process. It was not a deep cut, but it was deep enough to be able to lose blood at a moderately fast pace. As more blood would pour out his arm, he would lose more strength. Eventually, Zane had almost lost all of his energy so he started to dodge the attacks instead of blocking them. (Y/N) decided to take her sword out, but it was not to attack Shad. Instead, she would protect Zane until she could not anymore. She had lost a lot of blood, but since she could not die of bleeding out, she would protect him until she could not delay his inevitable end. There were specks of red here and there amongst the sea of golden blood. (Y/N) rose to her feet and then blocked Shad's attack as Zane could not dodge or block anymore. Shad smiled savagely and attacked her harshly. She took up his time as Zane slowly regained more energy with every passing minute. Shad then let out another grunt of pain as Aaron started to slowly retake his body. Aaron did not want to hurt (Y/N) at all, so it was torture just seeing (Y/N) taking all of the attacks without fighting back earlier. He wanted to protect her once more, but seeing as she would willingly protect Zane, who had wiped out his entire village, he had realized something. They were protecting each other out of love. He was bitter when he had first found out, and that bitterness had affected his actions. He seemed determined to make it right. Shad growled in frustration as he lost control of Aaron's body. As a final act, he threw his sword at Zane, hitting Zane right in the middle of his chest. He looked shocked as he then fell to the floor. Shad seemed triumphant as he saw Zane slowly dying on the floor, his armor being stained with gold and red. (Y/N) turned and looked at Zane dying on the floor and started to run to him, going on her knees and holding him in her arms. 

Zane's POV:

I guess this is how it ends, huh? I definitely won't let her heal me, there would be no point in it. If she did, I would never forgive myself. I just hope she won't miss me too much.

(Y/N)'s POV: 

I will not let him die. Even if he does not want to be healed, I will heal him in a different way. It will fulfill my wish for me, and he doesn't get a choice. I have never done this before, but I will do it for him. I am sure that he will live. I know he will live.

Third Person POV: 

Zane was quickly bleeding out on the floor. (Y/N) removed the sword from his chest, tears threatening to fall from her face. Aaron's body was knocked out as Shad had used too much energy and power at once. Zane smiled at her, but he was surprised to see her smiling back. "Hey Zane, I know you won't forgive me for this, but I have to. You can't die." "W-what are you talking about....?" Zane asked (Y/N). She had no reply as she took the sword and plunged it into her chest. Zane was very confused. Then, from the wound the sword had made, a bright light had filled the room, driving Shad's soul out of Aaron's body. Zane looked at (Y/N). "Hey Zane, after this, you have to live for me, okay?" (Y/n) said calmly and lovingly. "What- (Y/N)!" Zane cried out. (Y/N)'s body fell to the ground, dead. Zane felt his wounds close up and wondered why she had died. A voice rang out inside his head. "She used her power to heal you completely, but she did it in a way so that she would die after using it. It was a spell that she had knew about, but never used. She must have really cared for you if she would sacrifice her life for you. This process has also made you into a normal human again. If you were to kill yourself, she would have died for nothing. I hope you wouldn't do that... It would have been a waste." The voice then faded off. Zane held (Y/N)'s body in his arms and cried out, tears rushing out of his eyes. When Zane had noticed that his other eye was also crying, he noticed that it had been healed as well. Zane then picked up her body, but it faded into specks of light. One light however, had went inside Zane for a brief moment. "I hope we could meet again someday... No pain and no memories. A fresh start. I look forward to maybe seeing you again." (Y/N)'s voice rang through. The light then exited his body and faded like the others. Zane went through the portal, going back into Brightport, ditching his Shadow Knight sword and armor, wearing his past clothes underneath. He then took his mask off. He then started heading to Phoenix Drop. 

-One Year Later- 

Zane was accepted into Phoenix Drop. It seemed like he was reborn with no mask and no hair covering his other eye. Today was a special day for him, but it was a very sad day. He went to a grave made of a white stone and placed a white lily at the grave. It was (Y/N)'s grave. He smiled down at it. "I really do hope that we could meet again..."