Chapter 15: Pain, Love, Death, and Sacrifice

Aaron's POV:
Zane has been fine for this year, but his personality seems fake. He looks like he's pretending to be good and changed. It's so disturbing. I can tell Aphmau has feelings for me. Sadly, I do not return them. I love (Y/N), and (Y/N) only. I feel like she's being confused by Zane. I feel like it's a danger to her health, and her life in general. I have the item I need to destroy him, but it will also take me out as well. I better write a letter to her then, so I can explain myself and tell her of my undying feelings for her.

Zane's POV:
I think that Aaron is on to me. I have changed a little, but I can still feel myself wanting to hurt and destroy. That's how I was raised after all. I know that what I'm doing is right, I'll prove them all wrong. My father told me that I was doing the right thing, I don't need to change my ways. I do want to admit that I have feelings towards (Y/N)... I also probably have to capture her because of the powers she has. Who even knows if it can be contained? There is nothing that can stop me anymore... As soon as she comes back, I'll tell her my feelings. Maybe then she can trust me a bit more. Aaron is in the way however. She is not giving up on him for some reason. It's not just the fact that she used to work with him, it's more of a hidden reason. I cannot fail.

(Y/N)'s POV:
Time. Time is something I never really cared about in a sense. But right now, it is everything. I need to stop being selfish. I have to stop hiding away. Maybe this also means I have to confess that I cannot love anyone. I can be caring and kind, but I cannot love. That emotion has been ripped away from me when he died. I was foolish to think that I could love a mortal. He was murdered... by the person who had feelings for me. He was very possessive. I am already home I guess. I don't talk much, but I probably should talk to Zane and Aaron. They both wanted to say something important to me. Teleportation can be convenient. When I went to the docks, I saw Aaron standing alone. He noticed me, and he turned around to face me. "(Y/N). I want you to know that I love you. I've loved you ever since you came to FalconClaw. I don't know if you can accept them, but they are important to me." Aaron said confidently. I felt bad, but I could not return his feelings. "Aaron. I understand your feelings, but I cannot love you because I have to protect you all, and love is an emotion that has been removed from my heart ever since an accident occurred. I cannot explain the details, but I cannot love you back. This goes for all people who have feelings for me, no matter who they are. Don't think that it's because I love someone else, it's just that I cannot feel love anymore. I feel compassion, but only in a way that expresses friendship. I am not worthy to be your lover. You can find someone better in your life." I said. Aaron looked sad when I said I didn't like him, but he expressed a bit of happiness when I said that it wasn't because I had feelings for another. I think that reassured him, so the rejection stung less. He also seemed sympathetic due to the fact that I am unable to love. I bid him a farewell, for I was growing weary. When I went to my house, someone's hand grabbed my wrist. I looked toward the person, and I saw Zane. "(Y/N). I like you." He said rather bluntly. "So Aaron's confession is not the only one I had received today. I am sorry, but I do not return your feelings. I do not trust you fully yet, and I do not have the ability to love others in a selfish manner. It is unjust of me to selfishly love another. I have also told Aaron this, but due to the fact that an accident long ago had ripped the emotion 'love' from my heart, I have been unable to love. I hope you understand." I said. I went inside my house. Zane's face was angry to surprised to blank. I don't think he got too hurt, I can feel that it didn't bother him much. I lied down in my bed after using a magic to protect me in my sleep. You never know when someone might  kidnap me. I never wanted to hurt them, I just couldn't feel love. I hope that they are happy with their decision.