Chapter 14: Love...? What's That?

(Y/N) POV:
When I finally got to Hyria's, I hugged her. After all, it's been a year. We had a nice cup of tea and I expressed my emotions on the matter at hand. I told her about everything that's been happening, and how I didn't really understand. I left out the part with my feelings because I'm pretty sure I have none. I've lived too long to feel passionate compassion for someone. I care about the Earth and its people, but I cannot selfishly care about my own health and wellbeing, much less so for relationships. I cannot seem to trust anyone these days but when I realized Hyria would probably help me with this kind of thing, I blurted out the part with my emotions. Hyria started to laugh. I was confused. "Dear, you're in love. But I know you cannot love anyone or care about your own self because you are kind. You feel as if you must stay nonchalant and emotionally far apart from people to not hurt them when they realize they cannot have a life with you. It's harsh, and I think that's not the best option. You can learn to love someone. But I have a feeling it's because you fell in love with that mortal long ago. His death shattered you into what seems like a broken you. Only parts of your true self exist anymore. But you need to learn to move on and accept your lover's death no matter how hard it hits you. That's how life works." Hyria explained. I can't believe she brought the event up. I had tried to forget, but she's right. I'm not who I am anymore. That realization hit me so hard that I blacked out... or was it just someone calling me? When I woke up, I saw Zane. It felt fake however. He was a shadow knight. And I looked at his flashbacks and saw what happens when Zane gets killed by Aaron, and likewise. I saw Aphmau's heart shatter. But, soon after that she became Irene. To be honest, Irene was scary. She seemed so lonely, so upset. I realized where I was apparently in. I was in a cage, wings out, bleeding everywhere. Irene looked down and tried to get me out, but Zane blocked her. That Zane seemed fake, so possessed. Maybe he was being manipulated. Then.... I woke up. I was in Hyria's, and she looked at me with worry. "I must be leaving now Hyria. I thank you for your advice. I shouldn't linger in the past after all." I said. I walked out the door and used my once-a-month teleportation to get to Phoenix Drop. I had a lot of explaining to do.