Chapter 18: Waking Up

(Y/N)'s POV:

I woke up in my room and saw Aphmau, Zane,  and Aaron stand over me with worried expressions. They backed up as soon as I opened my eyes. "What happened...?" I said groggily. "You fainted after you erased that Shadow Knight. Zane caught you before you fell on the ground. Are you sure that you're okay? Do you need anything? Are you injured?" Aphmau said worriedly. "I'm fine, I think I'll just go take a walk in the forest or something to think. Come find me when you need me. Also stay on your guard and watch for any suspicious entities. You can never be too careful." I said with a sigh. I stood up and brushed off the worried expressions from Zane and Aaron. I stepped out the door and into my living room. I looked at the small and cozy room. My house was made from a cave close to town (sorry if you don't like, but i thought it would be cool :P also its not the wyvern cave that would be mean) so it echoed most of the time. I stepped out into the forest surrounding it and went on the trail to my thinking spot, however I wasn't planning on going there yet. I thought about the dream I had. Phoenix Drop was much larger and busier, similar to Okasis at that point. I wonder what would happen during that time. Why would Aaron's face flash on Shad's face? Why was Zane evil again and a Shadow Knight? I have so many questions. A memory of a happier time came to my mind. 

-Flashback-

I looked at the blue sky while the light and warm summer breeze blew through with my hair lightly flowing with the breeze (dont matter if you have short hair, still flows :P). Irene and the others were happily talking quite close to me. I lied down in the soft grass and closed my eyes for a little. I heard Shad say my name so I opened them in an instant. I look in his direction and he smiles at me. "You called?" I asked as I sat up. Shad smiled more. "I have something to confess to you." Shad said with a flustered expression. "I'm listening." I said calmly. Shad made sure that the others were far enough to not hear our conversation. "I like you." Shad confessed. I was taken aback. I had always thought of Shad as a very good friend, I wasn't very comfortable when thinking of us in a relationship. The others made jokes like saying I would be a good match with Esmund or Shad. "Oh... Shad, I'm sorry but I don't think of you in that way... Can we at least be friends?" I apologetically said. Shad looked pained, but he then smiled while a tear ran down his cheek. "I would like to still be friends. I... I have to go somewhere. I'll be back okay?" he said with a painful expression. I felt so bad... I didn't harbor any romantic feelings for him so if I had lied, I wouldn't be happy... But seeing him like that made me sadder than I should have been. 

Esmund's POV: 

I looked at Shad and (Y/N) talking. I felt a strong twinge in my heart. My expression was filled with anger. Shad knew of my feelings for her yet he continued to pursue her. They were close friends so I worried about them being in a relationship without me telling (Y/N) my feelings. Suddenly, my worries disappeared. I saw Shad walk away with tears in his eyes and (Y/N) looking at him with a worried expression. That clearly means that Shad had confessed and he was rejected. I had a chance after all... 

(Y/N)'s POV:

I don't know why I rejected him... I looked at Esmund looking at me from afar and felt my face warm up slightly. I snapped out of it and felt my face. It was burning... I guess I harbored secret feelings for Esmund then..

-Flashback End-

I guess that's why I like Zane. Garroth was more like Esmund though. Maybe there's something more to Zane than I originally thought. I see a clearing up ahead. I was curious because I had never seen this clearing before. ... How far did I go?! I went to the clearing and my heart clenched. It was the same clearing in the memory. I looked at it and saw that it had not changed. I heard footsteps behind me. It was Zane. "Did you follow me? You could have let me know you were there instead of quietly following me like a stalker you know." I said flatly. Zane looked flustered. "I'm sorry, I tried to tell you but I think you were lost in thought or something because you didn't say anything..." Zane said. I blushed in embarrassment. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I was remembering a happy moment..." Zane looked around the clearing and sighed.

Zane's POV:

The relic calls out to me in the clearing that (Y/N) reminisced in. A memory that was not mine appeared. (the exact same flashback but in Esmund's POV). This must be where the divine warriors gathered... very interesting... very interesting indeed.

(Y/N)'s POV: 

I looked at the enormous tree where I used to sit. The yggdrasil tree we planted together. I walked towards it and touched it's base. I felt around the trunk and found a carving. It was my name... What was it doing carved on a tree? I placed both of my hands and healed the tree to remove the carving. Maybe this should be where I confess to Zane.. I don't want to keep it inside me any longer. I want to tell him so I can at least be selfish for once. Just once wouldn't be a problem would it? I was about to turn to where Zane was last but he was right behind me. He walked closer and closer until there was barely any space between us at all. I backed up against the trunk of the tree while he stepped closer once more. "...Zane??" I said in confusion. I looked into his eye and it was filled with a shining but slightly dark desire.