Table For Two

As always, requests are always open.
Song- Table For Two
Artist- Abel Korzeniowski

     You ruffled your hands through your soft curls. Your head rested on your hand as you looked for your date. He was fifteen minutes late. You decided to text your best friend, Jared. The waiter came by, he started picking up the untouched salad that sat in front of you.

    "I'm sure he'll be here soon," you waved off. He gave you a pity look and walked off to another table. Your phone buzzed.

Jared Leto
That's horrible! That guy screwed you over
Y/N! Need a hand? :D

You
Yes please! <3

    You smiled at your phone. The waiter had come back offering to refill your drink. He smiled at you.

    "Is he on his way?" He smiled a set of perfect teeth at you. You nodded.

    "Someone way better than the first," he nodded in reassurance. He took your salad bowl and left. The rest of the time you spent waiting for Jared. You don't even know why you went out with this guy in the first place. He was a total asshole to you and your friends. You guess you met him when you were slightly tipsy, so that could also be a reason you weren't thinking straight. You felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, traffic wasn't on my side today." Jared looked at you. He had on a plaid shirt and some jeans, he looked really nice. You stood and gave him a hug. He pulled you in closer.

"Well you made if before him. Thank you so much." You said as your hand rubbed his back. He smiled against your shoulder.

"It's what friends are for," you two pulled away and sat down. The waiter saw you two and came over to check on you guys. He smirked at you.

"Oh, you didn't say it'd be Jared Leto." He waggled his eyebrows at you. You and Jared both started laughing. You rolled your eyes playfully.

"He is a good friend of mine." You trailed off. The waiter took his hand back, he acted offended. You guys giggled.

"Honey, if I were you, I'd be all over him!" He fake flipped his hair over his shoulder and walked away sassily. You and Jared stared in awe at each other.

"I can't believe he said that," you smiled down at the menu. From all the time you've been here, you hadn't thought to look at the menu. "He said it really loud too!" You covered your mouth to stop another laughing fit. Jared leaned in closer.

"You think he's?" He trailed off. You obviously knew what he was thinking. You nodded and winked at him. His cheeks turned a rosy red color and he turned away. Your beautiful eyes watched him as he glanced at the menu.

"Y/N, you could've picked a better restaurant. There is hardly any vegan food!" He pouted. Your hand reached for his.

"I know, but he isn't vegan." Jared looked at you. You two had started the vegan journey together back when you barely knew each other. You looked at him with sad eyes. "We could totally ditch this place," you suggested. He shook his head no.

"I found something," he said. You squeezed his hand.

"And what's that?" His big, blue eyes stared into yours.

"Salad." He stated simply. You laughed at him.

"Really, Jared." You said in a playful voice. You were startled when a hand touched your shoulder.

"Y/N, I'm sorry I'm late! It's just, traffic was terrible and-" you cut him off. You looked up at him.

"Traffics been terrible for the last hour? Jared made it here no less than fifteen minutes. Screw off." He gaped at you. The guy was so surprised something like that came out of your mouth. He shook his head and left. Jared stared in shock as well. "Jared," you sang. He took your hands in his and leaned over the table slightly. You finished the job by connecting your lips to his. The kiss sent sparks everywhere and you could feel the butterflies in your stomach. You pulled away.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to kiss you." Jared breathed.

"Honey! It's about time you got yourself a man like that!" The waiter walked by and whistled. You and Jared laughed. And you thought you'd only be sitting alone at a table for two.