Letters

As always, requests are always open
Song- Comes and Goes
Artist- Greg Laswell

    The letters had been the only thing you looked forward to each day. You would write a mysterious man each day. You would tell him how you were and what happened in school each day. He responded. You considered him a friend, though, you were unsure of his name. Your pen-pal would answer every question, but you never seemed to ask his name. You set your backpack in the passenger seat of your car and headed home. There was nowhere else to go. You turned on your radio and listened to the song that played. Driving was your favorite thing, besides writing. You would drive for hours if you ever found the strength to. Pulling into your driveway, you put your car in park and headed for the door. Once inside, you went through the mail, grabbed a snack, and went to your desk. Your pen-pal had sent you a letter back. You tore the letter opened and read.

5-2-17
    Dear Pal,
I see how frustrating high school can be, especially your senior year. I barely made it through since my teens were a tough time in my life... I'm glad to hear you turned eighteen! Happy belated birthday! I'm very happy you decided what you want your career to be. Medical school might be a little tough, but I know you can do it! I am going to go now, work calls! Have a wonderful day!
    Yours truly,
                         Mystery Man.

    The letter was sweet. Short but sweet. You grabbed your favorite pen and a piece of paper.

5-4-17
    Dear Mystery Man,
Thank you so much! High school only seems to be getting harder! I have so many tests to prepare for. Ugh. I'm sorry that you had a rough childhood. Thank you for the birthday wishes! My parents bought me my own place.... It's scary but exciting at the same time. I'm surprised they wanted me out so fast! We do still joke about it often and I'm not far from my house. I'm very prepared for medical school. During high school, I took medical related careers for electives, so I have some information. Have fun at work! By the way, I wanted to ask you your real name? Mine is Y/N.
    Yours truly,
                         Pal.

5-6-17
    Jared Leto, that's my name. Don't freak out, but you probably know who I am. The reason I didn't tell you who I was is because I was scared. I was scared you'd get information out of me and I didn't want that. Y/N is a really pretty name, by the way. If you don't want to write for a few days, or at least until you graduate, I understand. You should be studying, rather than waisting time writing to me. You're welcome for the birthday wishes. That's exciting you have your own place, independence is something I've always wanted. I'm sure you've always wanted it too. That's great you're prepared for medical school. You'll do great.
    Yours truly,
                          Jared Leto.

    You took Jared's word and didn't write for a few days. You wanted to study and focus on school than write to him. A part of you felt bad. A part of you felt like you were ignoring him, but he understood. Right? The man is twenty seven years older than you. He should understand. It was late at night and you couldn't sleep. You decided to write to Jared. You were fan-girling when you found out that you had been writing to a celebrity.

5-10-17
    Dear Jared,
I can't sleep right now. It's almost two a.m where I live and something is keeping me up. I feel like I've been ignoring you, maybe that's it. How are you? I'm good if your wondering. I graduate in one week. I'm scared for the world out there. I know my parents bought me this place to give me independence, but there's more. I have to adult, I guess we all do. It's just what happens. These letters have changed my life. Thank you for writing to me.
    Yours truly,
                         Y/N.