17. Kidnapped

Ryan

"Ryan!" Skylar called out to me. Both me and the auburn wolf turned to the side and saw Skylar standing in the middle of the clearing staring at us in horror. She had thorns in her hair and bloody scratches on her arms and legs. There was a dark stain of blood on her shorts. I growled, as did the wolf on top of me.

Suddenly Skylar threw something at us. I didn't realize what it was until it pierced the wolf on top of me. The wolf let out a loud whimper before falling limp on the ground. I glanced down briefly and saw a silver knife deep in the wolf's chest. A knife. Where the hell did Skylar get a knife? And why the hell was she here?

I struggled to get up but the wound in my chest kept me down. That wolf had done a number on me. I winced as a thought came to mind. That's how Skylar found me. She was my mate. She could feel my pain.

"Ryan!" She cried out again and started running towards me before she stopped and her eyes widened.

Behind her stood Daniel. "So princess?" Daniel's voice was just a whisper as he ran a hand down Skylar's arm. I snarled but fell down again, my wounds keeping me out of it. "What's your decision? Me or Ryan?"

She shuddered. "It's only been two days." I heard her muttered softly.

What? Daniel laughed. "Oh but my rogues were so eager to tear you all to pieces and I sure was eager to get my hands on you."

I struggled to get up yet again when I heard Skylar whimper in my mind. No Ryan. Stay down. Please.

I snarled again when Daniel gripped her arm tight. "What'll it be?"

Daniel took a few steps away from her and I finally managed to get up. I limped towards Skylar, but I looked up and saw Daniel lifting something above Skylar's head. I wasn't sure what it was, I just knew he was gonna knock her out. A look of realization crossed her face that made my heart ache.

Daniel brought down the object. A loud sound echoed through the forest as Skylar fell to the floor. Daniel bent down and smirked into Skylar's face. "Skylar!" I heard Noah's voice yell out.

Daniel threw Skylar over his shoulder. I snarled so loud, all sounds of battle stopped. I ran forward, ignoring the pain in my hind leg and jumped to tackle Daniel. Before I reached him, Daniel pulled out a knife and sliced it across my cheek. Pain exploded in my face and I was thrown to the side. Silver.

Help her! I cried out to whoever would hear me. At that moment I felt completely useless and it pained me to no end. My own mate was being taken away and I couldn't do anything about it. I heard the scuffle of paws followed by a frustrated yell. I pulled myself up back onto my paws, straining every muscle in my body, sending pulses of pain through me. She wouldn't get away. She couldn't.

And just like that, the thought of her being taken sent me into a rage. Ayden took over and all he saw was red. The pain was almost nonexistent as I tore through trees, bushes, and rogues that got in the way. Daniel had obviously shifted. He wouldn't have gotten far as a human, especially carrying Skylar. I followed the scent further and further and further. Until we weren't in the woods anymore, but in some city I didn't bother recognizing. I could see Daniel now. His gray wolf was bounding in front of me, Skylar hung limply on his back.

The two of us continued up a chase for miles it seemed, but I couldn't have cared less. I'd do anything to get her back, and right now, that was the only thing on my mind. I'd deal with those pathetic rogues later.

Suddenly Daniel darted to the right. I skidded through the turn and almost ran into a tree, following Daniel's path. They were in a forest again and I had no idea where in the forest I was or if it was even the same forest. I just kept going deeper and deeper, farther from my pack.