26. We Are Mates

This is gonna be a short chapter guys. But hope you like it XD

Skylar

Being married to the love of your life has got to be the best thing in the entire world. I had no idea why I was so worried and terrified about it before because it's definitely the best thing that has happened to me. We'd been married for a day now and it felt like it's been forever since I met him though it's only been two years. And we weren't even done yet. We wouldn't be completely connected until we completed the mating process and just the thought of that had me tingly with nerves.

I was in the kitchen, fixing a sandwich, all the while admiring the sapphire ring on my finger. It was so intricate and perfect. It wasn't too large or too small and it made me smile, just looking at it. I smiled at it once more, putting the two pieces of bread together, bologna, mayo, and cheese sandwiched in the middle.

Just then I felt Ryan's arms snake around my waist. i sighed contentedly and leaned into him, sandwich forgotten. He pressed his lips agaisnt the skin behind my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "Hey beautiful." He whispered, his hot breath on my neck.

"Hey." I replied, sounding breathless despite myself. He smirked against my skin and I instantly knew what was on his mind. "You sure?" I asked softly.

"Absolutely."

"And you're sure we shouldn't wait?" I asked tentatively.

"There's nothing to wait for." He answered, his voice soft. "We're married, Skylar. You're the Luna. And you're mine. I'm ready for this." He turned me in his arms going from playful to serious. "Are you?"

I pretended to think for a moment, putting two fingers on my chin. "Hmmm." I said playfully. "I don't know....." He groaned. "Skylar."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him in for a hug. "Of course I'm ready. now that I think about it, I've been ready since I met you."

He pulled back. "And you tell me this now?"

I scoffed at him. "I was 16. What did you expect?"

"I expected you to be absolutely perfect in every way possible." Ryan murmured, a look of adoration in his eyes.

"Well sorry I disappoint." I muttered sarcastically.

He laughed. "You didn't disappoint. In fact, I'd consider you an overachiever."

I rolled my eyes and trailed a finger down his jaw. "Wasn't there something you wanted to do?"

His breathing hitched and I bit my lip to keep the smug smile off my face. Oh how I loved how I affected him. His eyes dropped down to my lips. "Oh yeah." He muttered huskily. He captured my mouth in his and I was gone. I barely noticed him taking me upstairs to our bedroom. I was just completely enjoying the moment. And of course I only just realized. We were finally, completely and wholly mates.

***** (A\N Sorry guys. I'm sure you'd love the detail but I don't think I'd be able to write it properly. It would either be not enough detail and way too much. And don't freak. This isn't the end of the chapter. Yet.)

Time Lapse 4 Weeks Later

It's been four weeks since Ryan and I bonded completely and I still was blissfully in the honeymoon phase. Or at least that's what I called it. Ryan's father had said because we were now completely bonded, we'd feel this way around each other for a long while. I had asked him when it stopped for him and his mate. They had looked at each other and didn't say anything. In other words, the honeymoon phase never stopped. Which I would enjoy so much.