24. The Luna Ceremony

Major Time Lapse! 2 Years Later

Skylar

"It's got to be perfect, Skylar!" Lish exclaimed, holding another dress against me then grimacing and throwing it on the floor behind her.

"It's not my wedding dress Lish! I know it has to be pretty but gosh this is the Luna ceremony." I argued. "Let's not go overboard."

"We already have your Luna ceremony dress! It's in the back!" Chloe argued.

Renee popped up from behind three huge dresses. "News flash, Skylar we are searching for your wedding dress! He proposed last week! And everyone knows they always get married after the Luna ceremony."

I felt as if I was about to explode. I was a walking bundle of nerves. "Today is the Luna Ceremony!" I said, exasperated.

"And tomorrow's the wedding!" Maggie and Gracie yelled at the same time throwing some dresses at Lish.

"What?" I exclaimed.

Anna came up to me and held up a few fabrics against my arm. "In the tradition of the wolves, Skylar," she began, spurning the calmest out of all of us. She smiled at a pretty ivory colored fabric and handed it to Lish. "Go find something like that Lish, it would look great on her."

Lish took the fabric and rushed off, Renee, Chloe, Maggie, and Gracie on her heels.

"As I was saying, when a new Alpha is appointed he had a certain amount of time to find his Luna." She said pushing me down into a chair and pulling one up for herself. "Once he had found his Luna she will be appointed Luna of the pack at age 18. If she is any younger, like in your case, they will wait until she had come of age. Typically the two are joined in marriage and then are bonded through the mating process soon after. And soon to werewolves, is the day after."

I hadn't caught any of that. I shook my head, feeling dizzy with information. I knew I had to wait until I was 18 to become Luna but the rest was a complete blur. "Wait what?"

Anna laughed. "Don't worry about it Skylar. And don't even think to start stressing over the wedding, either. Part of the tradition is to have the pack to handle all of the details and for the Luna to focus on becoming Luna."

"I can't let you guys do that." I replied. "That's unfair to both you and the rest of the pack. It's my wedding so why do you have to plan it? Wouldn't that be a burden on you guys then?"

"Trust me. It's an honor every single member of the pack would die to have." Anna said. "And it's far from a burden. The pack's record for planning a wedding is two hours."

"Wow." I said, breathless. "Why didn't anyone tell me? Just a minute ago I thought we were just shopping for the dress for the ceremony."

"Like Chloe said we already have that dress handled. Right now all of our focus is to find your perfect dress for the best day of your life." Anna smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. She was right. There wasn't a need to worry. Not when I had friends like these.

"Wait." I said. "Why is the Luna ceremony a bigger deal then an Alpha being appointed?"

"Because although Alpha is the highest rank in a pack, the Luna is the most important member." Maggie said, walking towards me holding two dresses.

"The Luna is the rock." Renee followed, holding two dresses as well.

"She keeps the pack together." Chloe came out with two dresses. How many dresses are there?

"Keeps us steady." Gracie came out with two dresses as well.

"She's the moon and the stars while the Alpha is the Sun." Lish came out, the only one holding just a single dress. "Being the Luna has got to be the greatest honor a werewolf could have and serving the Luna is even greater. A pack is nothing without a Luna. If there wasn't an Alpha and their were none in line to success the previous one, the Beta would take over and that would be that."