18. The Torture. The Secrets

Skylar

My nightmares were plagued with images of what Daniel could and would do to me. It was all dark and horrible and totally just crushed any sense of hope I had. The images continued to run through my mind even as I lay awake on the mattress, hands and ankles cuffed.

You should really stop thinking about this. The voice in my head suggested.

Oh yeah definitely. I replied sarcastically but took the words to heart and let my mind wander.

My mind wandered to the pack and Ryan. Ryan. My heart ached when I thought of Ryan and how I may never see him again.

Well that certainly isn't helping. The voice reappeared again.

I rolled my eyes and focused more on Ryan himself. And of course all his attractive features. I loved his eyes. His bright blue eyes that sparkled when he looked at me. The ones that lit up with mischief that day at the beach and when he threw the pickle at me.

I also loved his hair. The midnight strands falling perfectly around his face and just above his eyes. The hair I thoroughly enjoyed running my hands through and getting my fingers tangled in while we kissed.

But my absolute favorite part of him was his smile. His bright smile he gave me pretty much every time I did something amusing.

"Did I lose you to delirium already?" A hand waved in front of my face and I was brought back to reality. My vision cleared and Daniel was standing over me.

I spat at him and scooted back against the wall, ignoring the aching in my body. He just smiled and crouched in front of me. I pulled my legs up to my chest and glared at him.

"You ready, Sky?" He asked sweetly. I flinched at the name. That was what Ryan had called me.

"Ready." I repeated slowly. "Ready for what? Torture?"

"Oh I wouldn't call it torture." He said, scooting real close to me. Way too close for comfort but the wall was at my back. I couldn't go anywhere. His fingers slowly slid down the sleeve of my dirty sweater, exposing my bare shoulder. "More like a guilty pleasure."

Oh god. Ugh that's so nasty. I shuddered. He grabbed the hem of my shirt and ripped it in half, leaving me in just jean shorts and my white laced bra. I flinched again. Here we go. Last year all over again.

His eyes trailed down and I bit back a sob. I hated this so much. But he was too strong. It wasn't like I could stop him. He pulled me forward slightly and unclasped my bra. It fell onto the mattress and I closed my eyes, tears streaming down my cheeks.

His hands roamed as they pleased, unbuttoning my shorts as they go, slipping them off and taking the underwear with them. He trailed kisses down my neck, my chest, all the way down.

I just barely managed to let myself go so I wouldn't feel anything, wouldn't remember anything just as he began having his fun.

.
.
.
.
.

I lay cold and naked, curled up on the mattress. The handcuffs were digging into my skin but I didn't dare move to be more comfortable. I felt so violated. So dirty and nasty. I couldn't stand to look at myself. I let this happen.

But I had to. I reminded myself. Or he would've killed the pack. Would've killed Ryan. I flinched once more. That'd be ten times worse. I'd endure days, weeks, years of this just to keep him alive.

"Well wasn't that fun?" Daniel's voice echoed in the chamber, his fingers curling in my hair.

I didn't respond as the mattress creaked. His hand left my hair and I felt the mattress dip a few feet away. "I don't like seeing you cry, Skylar." He suddenly said, his voice quiet. "Why were you crying?"