21. Recovery

Skylar

2 Weeks Later

Sunshine seeped through the blinds and into my room, shining just over my eyes. I squinted and turned my head slightly before opening my eyes. Once again, relief flooded through me, as it had every morning for the past 2 weeks since I finally escaped from Daniel.

I had nightmares every night, which resulted in Ryan coming from his room and into mine, engulfing me in his arms and running his hands through my hair, soothing my screams. And every morning I would wake up and feel a bit of panic when I felt his arms shift. It took a few seconds for it to all clear over.

Today however, all I felt was relief even when Ryan snuggled closed to me and I took that as a sign that I was going to be okay.

I stretched out my arms and legs before slipping out of Ryan's arms. I stood on the balls of my feet, watching as his eyebrows drew together as he no longer felt my presence next to him. I laughed and leaned down, kissing him on the forehead. He reached out but I jumped out of the way and laughed again at the scowl on his face. He was awake now.

"If you're just going to lay there all day, I'm going to eat your share of scrambled eggs." I said, hands on my hips as I breathed in the scent of fresh eggs.

"Scrambled eggs?" He asked groggily, opening his eyes.

"Yeah." I said shrugging. "I can smell them, can't you? With your werwolf sense and all that?"

He rolled his eyes before inhaling. He nodded. "Yeah. Yup. Those are definitely scrambled eggs."

I scoffed before turning and walking out the door. "Skylar!" He called out. I peeked my head through the door. "Yeah?"

He smirked. "You might want to put some clothes on."

I glanced down. I was wearing a beige tank top and my lace underwear. A blush creeped up to my cheeks as I walked briskly back into the room and to my closet. Ryan laughed. I scowled and closed the closet door behind me, muffling his laughter.

I glanced around my clothes with my hands on my hips. I felt like going out today-a first in weeks-so obviously no pajamas. I chewed on my lip, eyeing the selections before settling on the yellow and orange sundress Lish and I had bought (using Ryan's money, I couldn't help but note) at that boutique a few weeks back.

I slipped it on and slid my feet into my light yellow flats. I opened the closet door only to come face-to-face, well face-to-chest, with Ryan. I titled my head backwards to look up at him. He was still shirtless and only in his boxers, bringing a light blush to my face.

He was smiling down at me. He didn't say anything, just stood there looking at me. I raised my eyebrows. "What?"

He just smiled wider before pulling me close and kissing me. It was nice and soft. I fell into it almost immediately and tangled my fingers in his hair. He broke it off too soon for my opinion but he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room and down stairs.

Lish, Chloe, Sam, Cameron, and pretty much everyone who lived in this house was sitting downstairs. Some were on the counter while others were sitting at the dining table. Erika was serving some eggs on her plate. They all glanced up when we stepped into the kitchen.

"Well look who's finally up." Cameron snickered, sipping on some orange juice.

I glanced over at Ryan, who was just smirking, and I realized he was still just in his boxers. I twisted my hand out of his grasp and stood firmly in front of him, my hands on my hips. "Hey!" I said. "How come I have to put clothes on but you can just go flaunting out in boxers?"