Chapter 3

Cinder: If you're that eager then make sure you bring me his head when you're done.

Y/n: Got it. Wait what is his semblance?

Cinder: Oh that? Well you'll just have to find out won't you?

Y/n: Aww. I hate waiting. It better be good.

- Timeskip -

Mercury: Man, why does this place have so many guards?

Emerald: Our target must be powerful.

Y/n: Finally, someone that can fight. No offense guys.

Mercury: I told you, you caught me off guard.

Y/n: But didn't you ambush me?

Mercury: Shut up.

We had reached the facility and took out most of the guards. They weren't a problem, but we had to be careful not to trigger an alarm. Neo had already gotten inside, in disguise.

We entered an empty, dark room.

Emerald: Doesn't look like there's anyone here.

I held up my hand signaled the others to stop. I sensed blood from something. Something evil. And there were multiple of them.

Y/n: They were waiting for us.

Mercury: Wait, who?

Just then, the lights turned on, revealing dozens of guards. They surrounded us and in the middle, was a man that stood out from the rest. He had jet black hair and a long, brown trench coat.

Y/n: Found him.

???: You three wanna explain why the four of you are here.

Mercury: Four?

Emerald: Does that mean he found...

*Thud* He threw Neo to the ground. They had tied her up. From the bruises on her face, I could tell she had been through a lot.

Y/n: Neo!!

That's it. I planned to go easy. But he hurt Neo. I'm gonna kill him...slowly...painfully...and I'm gonna enjoy it.

???: She tried to take me on by herself. I hope the rest of you aren't this useless.

I grabbed my scythe, walking toward him with eyes full of rage.

???: Oooo, did I touch a nerve? Slash away all you want, no one has ever gotten a hit on me.

I ran straight for him a took a swing, right at his throat. He dodged it and pointed at the ground and rotated his finger upward. Then the ground began to crack. A massive energy wave shot up and knocked me into the ceiling.

Y/n: So that's his semblance.

I pushed off the ceiling, spinning on my way down, and aimed a punch directly at his face. He dodged again, only this time, I was prepared. I triggered my blade and just managed to graze him, leaving a bloody stream across his face.

However, it left me open for another attack, which just so happened to be a second blast that took off my head. I slid across the floor, headless, and landed next to Emerald and Mercury.