Chapter 17

Pov - Cinder

Cinder: We don't have all day people. I want this train moving by 6:00. We've already been out here for an hour and a half. Roman! Where are you?

Roman: Standing right next to you. Where I have been for the past 10 minutes.

Cinder: Oh. Have you seen Y/n?

Roman: He's on the roof.

Cinder: What roof? We're underground.

Pov - Neo

I walked around aboveground following after Y/n. He hasn't spoke to anyone since yesterday. Including me.

Neo: Y/n!

No answer. I heard a few beowulf roar and then a few slicing sounds and then silence. So either he's bored or he's hunting. I walked around the corner and watched him stand on the head of the alpha.

Neo: There you are.

He glanced at me but then looked away. He crushed the grimm's head and started walking off.

Neo: Is something wrong? Or are you just gonna bitch about your problems all day?

I thought I saw him smile.

Y/n: You're not giving up until I tell you are you?

Neo: Hell no.

Y/n: Sorry. For not being there. I couldn't protect you.

Neo: Because you couldn't prevent a kidnapping? Because you were unconcious and I decided to go alone?

Y/n: Because I almost didn't see you again. Because with people like that, I wouldn't find your body. Because I made a promise-

Neo: That you would always be there for me. That you would stay with me no matter what happened. You're not my bodyguard Y/n. We take care of each other. We can't promise that we won't let each other get our asses kicked. According to Cinder, she works with people even stronger than Ozpin. But if we manage to lose, we're taking that L together.

Y/n: You got a point. But we're going down swinging.

Neo: Exactly. So can you stop being an antisocial fucktard so I can go back to sleep? It's 4:30 in the morning.

Y/n: So why are you up?

Neo: Because we have a mission in less than two hours.

Y/n: You can't go. You still haven't healed. You're limping right now.

Damn. He's right. My entire side still hurts like hell. That big guy was pain in the ass.

Neo: I'm tougher than I look.

Y/n: You're damn right but whatever they injected you with dulled your senses. I can't let you risk injuring yourself again.

Neo: ...

Y/n: Now either we can walk or we can fly, but we're going back

Neo: I'm not flying. My stomach is already in a washing machine.

We headed back, trying to avoid the rear of the grimm in the area. But my mind kept replaying the time we met. 

Y/n: Something up?

Neo: No.

Y/n: You're a terrible liar.

Neo: It's nothing.

Y/n: I told you my problem, now I need to listen to your's.

Neo: Sigh. When we first met, you were so determined to kick my ass.