Chapter 20

I woke up long before Neo. She slept so peacefully, so I decided to leave her be. I got up, got showered, got dressed, and headed to the combat arena. Mercury and Emerald were already there.

Emerald: You're up early.

Y/n: I went to sleep early. What are you two doing here?

Mercury: I was forced.

Emerald: Quiet you! Anyways, the Vytal Festival is approaching. Apparently Cinder wants us to take part in it. The final part of the "nefarious plan" is supposed to go down there.

Y/n: So you two decided to get in some "private training".

Emerald: I will fucking murder you.

Mercury threw up a disc with a target on it. Emerald drew her gun and fired three rounds into it without so much as a glance in its direction. I couldn't help but applaud.

Y/n: You've improved your aim and reflexes. I'll say, I'm impressed. Mercury what can you do?

He fired a white dust crystal from his leg. When I turned to follow it, he was already on the other side of the stage. It went right into his outstretched hand.

Emerald: He's been working on speed training, since he's decent in everything else. Which reminds me, where's Neo?

Y/n: Still asleep...after-sex coma.

Emerald: TMI! TMI! Too much fucking information!

Y/n: So why are we the only ones here? I at least expected Weiss or Pyrrha to be here.

Mercury: Everyone took a day off. Since the festival's in town, most of them went shopping.

Emerald: So why are you here? I thought you didn't need training.

Y/n: Normally I don't. But after that fight with Titan, and the mysterious woman on the train, I'm not exactly confident in myself right now.

Mercury: So you're saying you're weak?

I extended my scythe out at him, stopping right before his face.

Y/n: Quiet peasant!

Emerald: That's my line!

It shifted into the railgun.

Y/n: Quiet other peasant! Anyways, I need to start using this a lot more. It's not enough for me to use my own semblance anymore.

I walked over to the control panel and activated training mode. I set the difficulty for max and stepped into the floor.

Simulation: Solo queue simulation beginning in five seconds. Please complete to the best of your ability.

Y/n: I suggest you two clear out before it starts. Wouldn't wanna get caught in the crossfire now would we?

The simulation started and 10 holograms spawned around me. Each one was either given a sword or rifle, and a set amount of health. No aura. Aura was for boss battles only. Like a video game. There are waves of enemies that get progressingly difficult, with a boss every 10 waves. 50 wave max.

To start, I just spun in a complete circle and sliced through the first batch.

Simulation: Wave 1 complete. Wave 2 starting.

This continued for awhile. By wave ten, I was fighting an Alpha beowulf. It died too easily. The holograms then became Grimm. Wave 20 was a Deathstalker. Wave 30 was an Ursa.
Wave 40 was a Nevermore, a King Taijitu, and a Groundwalker(picture a giant fucking tarantula).

The Taijitu was simple on it's own, and the Nevermore didn't have much room to fly, but I've only fought a Groundwalker once before. They have armor on their heads and on their legs. So like any spider,I have to wait for it to attack, while also avoiding the 500 pound webs.