Chapter 14

Y/n: Dammit that robot is fast.

We'd been running for 10 minutes and still was nowhere near reaching Roman. We actually considered hijacking a car, when the Paladin slipped on some ice on the road and fell down into the vacant street below.

Neo: Was that...ice? It's August. Winter wait your damn turn.

Y/n: No. That was Weiss. Which means the others aren't far behind.

We got to the edge of the highway which the Paladin dropped from. And surprisingly, Roman was kicking ass. He had team RWBY on the ropes. That is until Ruby started naming random ship names.

Ruby: Snow Flower!

She and Weiss began a barrage of ranged attacks which slowed Roman down.

Ruby: Ladybug!

Blake stepped in alongside Ruby as they charged the Paladin with a series of high speed strikes. Blake took out supports on the legs and backflipped away when Roman tried to retaliate.

Ruby: Freezer Burn!

Weiss froze the ground, allowing Yang to deliver a high powered punch to the ice. The ice cracked and melted into a thick steam.

Ruby: Bumblebee! (My favorite team RWBY ship)

Blake tossed Yang the other end of her grappling hook and spun her around. The plan was to destroy the Paladin in one hit, but Roman countered and sent Yang flying into one of the highway pillars.

Y/n: Ooooh. That was a nasty hit. But we all know what happens next so let's go.

Me and Neo dropped from our spot on the highway just as Yang blocked Roman's strike and destroyed the robot with deadly combo. She fired a shot at Roman but Neo landed and deflected it with her umbrella.

Y/n: Did you miss us?

Roman: What would I do without you two?

Y/n: Probably die.

Yang: You two! I'm getting my rematch dammit!

Roman: Well I've enjoyed our time. But now I take my leave. Ladies. And Ice Queen.

Weiss: Hey!

Roman: Neo if you will.

Neo took a bow. Yang charged her and punched, which caused her to shatter. Literally.

Y/n: Well that's new.

I looked up to see Neo and Roman aboard an airship. So she can create illusions now.

Y/n: Shall we get started?

Yang smashed her gauntlets together and went "super saiyan 3". She charged at me faster than before. I actually had to block her attacks rather than dodging. I ducked under another blow and tried to counter with a jab to her face. However, she attacked at the same time. Our fists collided, causing a heavy burst of energy.

Y/n: I see I've angered the dragon.

She only replied by blowing air through her nose. I started to push against her fist, causing her to slide back. Instead of pushing at me, Yang sidestepped which caused me to lose my footing. She continued with a hook to my face, knocking me across the pavement.

I got up and immediately jumped away from my spot when Blake started shooting at me.

Y/n: Damn. Can I get a break for two seconds?

Ruby: No!

I tried. Ruby and Weiss attacked as a team. Sending a barrage of ranged and melee attacks. Lucky for me, I had to leave my weapon behind. Crap.