Chapter four: The Day After

Sapphire's eyes fluttered open, the bright morning sun shone through the glass windows, and a gentle breeze flowed through the house. Sapphire brushed her matted curls out of her face and turned to look up at Hadrian, he was her safety, she hated when he was away, but she was always glad when he didn't get hurt when he was away, it was always bittersweet but now, she'd be going to Hogwarts in just a few months! She had already read Harry's first-year textbook and was excited to read his second-year books, as she was daydreaming about Hogwarts, Harry woke up and grinned at his sister's peaceful expression.

"Hey Fire, how are you?" Harry asked, trying and failing to brush his fingers through her hair,  Saphire smiled at him and just cuddled closer, "You want me to get you a hairbrush?"

ins

Instantly Sapphire tensed up, sure she hated her matted hair but, asking for anything earnt a beating and, who's to say the rules were different here, but if they got it without asking then that was stealing and that would also get them in trouble. Paranoid and horrid thoughts filled the little girl's head, making her dizzy, she always wished her parents were awake but now that they were she was filled with the feeling of anxiety. Harry, who noticed the signs of a panic attack, Harry instantly put Sapphire's hands on his chest.

"Feel my chest going up and down?" Harry asked but Sapphire just ignored him.

"W-What if they're like U-Uncle and A-Aunty?" Sapphire looked up at her older brother, worry flooding her honey brown eyes.

Her nose bridge pinched tightly, The blood pounded in her ears. Her heart thudded in her chest. Her hands shook. Her feet tingled. Her vision was disfigured as if she were looking through a fish-eye lens. Her chest tightened as bile rose in her throat. She couldn't breathe. She fell into a fit of silent sobs.

Harry cupped her cheeks and forced her to look at him.

"What are five things you can see Fire?" Harry asked.

Sapphire looked around eyes focusing on objects, "B-book, pillow, blanket, candle, photo,"

"four things you can feel or touch ?"

"Harry, blanket, pillow, my clothes,"

"Three things you can hear?"

"Y-you, wind, b-birds,"

"Two things you can smell,"

"U-uh, c-coffee and lavender?"

"And one thing you can taste?"

"I can't taste anything,"

Saphire's breathing had calmed and she stopped sobbing, Harry hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"They're nothing like the Dursley's. I promise." Harry told her,

He would never let anybody hurt her as they did ever again. He wouldn't fail her again. Sapphire nodded softly cuddling up to her brother, Harry put his arm around her and stroked her fiery hair. For half an hour the kids sat there in peaceful silence, enjoying being able to just relax, however, they both unconsciously tensed as they heard footsteps, unlike at the Dursleys they hadn't memorized footsteps nor could they tell who it was by their steps. All they knew it was multiple people. Harry's hold on Saphire tightened as the four adults walked into the room, smiling at the cuddling siblings.

"Hey, kiddos, you two okay?" James asked softly.

Sapphire coward against harry, males always caused her pain, except for Harry of course, and Remus and Sirius but she'd only met them a handful of times like when they dropped harry off at kings cross, she really didn't know them, she didn't know if they would hurt her and for all, she knew they would, her uncle never hit her out in public. It was going to be the same as before, they would hurt Harry! Harry was going to get hurt!