Chapter 12: New Big Sisters

Sapphire's small figure entered the, now, crowded room, eyes widening in excitement as she saw the light blonde Harry had told her about. At first, Luna scared the small girl, "a boy pretending to be a girl to perve on my wife!" her uncle had said about trans women, "A girl trying to take men's place in the world acting as if she were a boy!" is what her uncle had told her about trans men, but then her big brother had come, explained it all to her: trans men, trans women, even something called 'enbies' where they don't have a gender at all!

Trans women and men were born in the wrong body, like when the jam makers accidentally put marmalade in the strawberry jam container. So to correct the mix-up, which was apparently called Dysphoria, they had to go to the doctors to get special medication to put them in the right jar. Enbies were people who didn't identify as Strawberry Jam or Marmalade, they were like butter, it was harder to help their dysphoria as there was no one medication for it, typically enbies try to dress Androgynously to help relieve their dysphoria, however, according to her big brother, enbies could be feminine or masculine, and they'd still be enbies.

Sapphire found the whole thing rather confusing, however, she just wanted people to be happy, so she figured as long as they don't hurt people like her uncle, then she didn't care too much. She wanted Luna to know that she accepted her as a girl, so the small redhead had bought a male teddy bear (she could tell because he had a bowtie) and turned the teddy bear into a female bear, (by tying the bowtie around the bears head so it became a bow)

Shyly, Sapphire, with the bear in her hand walked up to Luna and handed her the bear, eyes locked on the ground. "I-I bought this male bear but I move his bowtie around the head so now its a girl bear... harry explained that being a girl made you happy so I made this bear trans like you ... she's for you"

Luna beamed at the smaller girl, gently taking the bear from her and cuddling her to her chest while the rest of the group silently awwed at the exchange. "Thank you lovely! I'm going to protect you from the Nargles and Wackspurts," Luna said in her usual dreamy voice.

Ginny giggled softly, a fond look in her eye as she linked hers and Luna's pinkies together, her fiery red hair was tied in a messy braid. Sapphire's red hair and light caramel skin contrasted nicely against each other and the two older girls silently vowed then that they would die for the small girl.

"Hey! We were gonna expirimetn with makeup, wanna join us squirt?" Ginny asked Sapphire, a lopsided grin plastered on her freckled face.

"... Harry?"

Harry smiled a sort of sad smile at his little sister and nodded, he loved that he and his sister were close but ... he hated the reason, that she only felt safe with him because, in her past, when he wasn't there... she'd get beat... or worse...

"It's ok lil' fire, tell you what, me, ron and 'Mione, will go with you, okay?" Harry said, nudging his friends in a warning that if they disagreed, there'd be hell to pay. Ron and Hermione both nodded at the youngest kid in the room, making Sapphire light up and race to her room.

"Come on! Please!"

The group laughed and followed the small girl, their hearts warming at the sudden excitment of the small girl. Harry grinned proudly as he watched his little sister run up the stairs, slowly coming out of her shell.

*

The group of six were sitting comfortably in Sapphire's room, Flopster tucked safely in her arms, she had given everyone their own stuffed animal or doll; Luna had hers from earlier, which she had named Glimmer, the golden trio had one of the family of three stuffed dogs each and Ginny had the pink unicorn. The group had only been more than happy to listen as Sapphire told them all the names of her stuffed animals, Hermione had Chasity, Ron had Leo and Harry had the baby of the puppy family, Lancey, Ginny's pink unicorn was named Blush, there was a stuffed doll named Mary, a stuffed Bunny named Goldie because of her golden nose the bunny had, and stuffed pink teddy bear named Button. Sapphire had explained to them that she had yet to name the other stuffed animals her parents had spoiled her with.

"I feel bad ... mum and dad bought me all these amazing toys... I don't think I deserve them..." Sapphire said sadly, hiding her face in her stuffed Lynx.

"Well they also got Harry a lot of awesome stuff, do you think he doesn't deserve it?" Hermione asked, slyly winking at Harry.

"NO! My Harry deserves everything and more!" Sapphire said defensively, almost hissing at Hermione.

"Exactly little one, so why don't you?"

Sapphire sat back and began to think to herself, The dursleys had also told Harry all those things... yet she knew they were wrong about him... but she knew they were right about her ... Hermione had made the young girl awfully confused. Sensing the redhead about to have an anxiety attack, Ginny spoke up.

"Hey! Let's do each others makeup!"

Luna nodded and clapped, grabbing makeup things from her patchwork bag, Ron and Harry looked at each other and gulped.

"Well that's our cue ... I'm gonna go talk to Ron about quidditch."

The girls nodded absent mindedly, Hermione telling the youngest all about what each makeup tool was meant to do. Non of the girls were very good with it, Hermione hadn't ever really worn makeup besides concealer to hide her acne, Ginny had grown up with seven brothers, none liking makeup and Luna only really used eyeshadow to make her eyelids bright.

The girls foundation was way too light for Hermione and Sapphire and made Ginny look sick, Hermione shared her concearler with Sapphire which was too dark for her, and Luna shared her pale concealer with Ginny. Luna didn't have any conture so they use Hermione's which was way to dark for the white-skinned girls, the foundation, concealer and conture were badly blended and looked smeared and streaky on their faces, their faces didn't match their necks. They applied the blush way too heavily on their cheeks, the mascara on their eyes were heavy and clumpy, and their eyeshadow wasn't blended out at all, Hermione's eyelids painted a bright blue, Luna's a bright yellow, Ginny's a bright red and Sapphire's a bright pink. The girls only had one pink lipstick which they shared. Their makeup was messy and badly done, smeared together and badly blended, their lips overlined messily and their eyelashes sticking together, but the four girls were giggling and laughing the entire time doing it.

When the girls walked out to show the boys and adults, grinning proudly, the adults and teen boys grinned fondly at them, Ron and Harry chuckling softly, the adults covering their mouths so they don't offend the girls, and complimented their makeup job.

"Harry! Do I look pretty!?" Sapphire asked, launching herself at her big brother, who caught her easily, only stumbling back slightly.

"You always look pretty Saphie," Hary told her planting a kiss on her forehead.

Lily beamed at her children, secretly snapping a photo of them and leaning against James.

A/N: This chapter was purely fluff and cuteness! Sapphire's starting to get more comfortable and open up! Yay!
- Phoenix