two.

sweat dripped down his face to the surface of his clothes. the sweat tied his clothes to his body in a clinging manner, constricting his breaths. his eyes were shut tightly, scrunched up in a horrid manner as the voices in his head began to emerge into his rather peaceful thoughts.

a pour of dread defiled his spur of happiness. it was short, but sweet. that feeling pierced him, the feeling of being wanted flowed through his body. it was gone in practically a blink of an eye. though it was gone in an instant, it became something he needed. the feeling of being special, the feeling of someone loving his existence itself felt like a guilty pleasure. gone, the pleasurable dream had left with an awakening of a nightmare.

dazai couldn't tell whether it was a sigh or just a gap of breath that prolonged but the air certainly did get knocked out of his lungs as he saw such a view.

"oda.." his dead friend stood in front of him.

an unlit cigarette was braced around his mouth, eyes squinted in the pure absorption of the gun he had held at dazai's forehead. a smile was painted on his face as his gun shot the wall beside dazai, frightening him. his smile turned into a smirk when the bullet was penetrated to the wall, creating a dense hole, which relished into a fond, tingling sensation in his hand after the recoil.

there for a split second, the sensation bothered him profoundly, but it was all the past. the gun he thought would never be used again has been used. his dreams were gone along with his life. now he chose to embrace it like an old friend, but not dazai. dazai felt no longer welcomed.

dazai's eyes widened in disbelief, the nooks and crannies of his mind failing to contract, it only expands in the lack of action.

he felt trapped. oda pinned him against a wall, alluring him to an uprising death.

a fist made it's way against dazai's face and a new wound began to form.

blood touched his delicate skin and streamed, exploring the depths of his skin.

nimble fingers brushed against the newly formed bruise on his cheek then to his cut that had been formed at the impact. he winces at every touch around the wound.

'am i going to die?' his mind intrigued at the situation as he shut his eyes waiting for it to arrive.

"dazai!" he blinked.

"who's calling me?" he turned to see no one else but oda, who pointed his pistol at eye level.

'you're terrible, you didn't save him.' dazai leaned into the gun.

"dazai!" a voice snapped him from his dream.

with an exasperated sigh, a worried expression was placed on you.

"did you have a nightmare?" you took the time to look at the drenched man.

dazai scanned the room and saw it was his room.

he recalled abducting you and forcing you to sleep with him.

"of course not." a fake smile made it's way to the expressionless man.

he stared outside his window. as the night burned away the drabness of the day and he looked back at you.

"don't lie to me dazai, your words don't even match what your eyes are saying." you felt infuriated at the fake smile.

"eyes don't even speak y/n." he said as his fake smile made it back to his adoring face.

"real eyes hide the real lies dazai."

a sad smile soon replaced the fake one.

"i hate how you're right." he said squinting at you.

"no.." you said as you took a deep breath.

"you hate the truth." the wind blew after you had spoken. dazai's eyes were fixated on yours. the stare caused an intense atmosphere.

dazai's lips tilted upwards for a short second that if you had blink, you would have missed it.

"how do you like my room?" he spoke, trying to change the topic at hand.

a mischievous smile befell upon his face.

"you have no idea how hard it was for you to actually stay put." dazai pouted.

a brief memory flashed through you.

you remembered being flustered at dazai's offer and tried to run away but was stopped by that, wretched, wall. it gave you a nosebleed at the impact and your thoughts of hiding was struck as miyazawa karate chopped you, when he was hungry, which meant that simple touch caused you to pass out.

a hand touch your forehead as you face-palmed yourself.

"what am i even doing here dazai? here as in your bedroom." you exhaustedly breathed out.

with lustful eyes glistening at the moon, a smirk appeared on his face.

"because from now on-" he paused for a moment.

he stared at you with a sincere smile and you stared back. the smile was radiant, luminous. you looked to see if there was anything mischievous about it, but concluded as to finding none.

"from now on i decided that you're going to be my girlfriend- well i told the president that but i want to clarify things with you."

shocked, you stare at him for an answer.

"you don't even love me and the feeling is mutual." you practically gawked at him.

"but if you're going to stop me from suicide then you'll have to be by my side all the time which basically means you're my girlfriend." he stated as if pointing the obvious.

"what kind of logic is that?" your heart rapidly started to beat at the thought.

"logic from a double suicide enthusiast."