seven.

disappearance ; ceasing of one's self visibility to the human eyes. dazai had disappeared, leaving behind no trails to where he had gone.

it could just be that he went iterating his relentless amount of suicide attempts, or he got lost. though, it hadn't came to mind the fact that dazai could earnestly be in danger. the man who is fervent about suicide, despite the perplexing amount of failures, is actually in danger.

dazai was gone the moment you had awoken from your beauty sleep. it didn't even seem somewhat deviant to you since it happened occasionally. blurringly, you walked to the office unknowingly and was alerted by the amount of attention given. all eyes were observing you, the eyes of unfamiliar faces, except atsushi.

you stood at the doorway, clueless at the tense atmosphere. "do you actually have an ability?" the unopened eyed man said, breaking the ice as he looked at you, which was quite amusing. "yes." you stated in a matter of fact.

somehow right after you spoke, the atmosphere became more anxious by the minute, causing you to stand stiff as a board. "is it really the same ability as dazai?" the man asked once again, but this time with his eyes open. his eyes were a bold green, staring directly at yours, dominant like medusa's eyes. the more he stared at you, the harder it felt to move, as if he was staring straight into your soul.

"in a way.." you croaked out unable to confidently tell the rest of it. he saw the twitch in your reaction and smiled in contortion. "is your power actually much stronger than what you said?" his voice came to an abrupt stop, tired of feigning friendliness.

"it's true that it cancels out other abilities when i make contact with it, but there's another thing it does..." you rubbed your neck sheepishly. the man then huffed out a dramatic sigh and sat down in defeat. atsushi, you recalled, turned to face you and smiled apologetically.

"sorry if he scared you it's just that dazai is gone so we're all stressed out at the moment..."

'ah...' it hit you like an unexpected notification buzzing from your phone out of the blue. an admonition act of it getting your hopes up, only to find out it was an utter disappointment. dazai's absence happened before and it was an abhorrent experience. a horrid sense of consternation overwhelmed you.

"do you know what could have possibly caused this phenomenon?" you looked at the ground in fear. atsushi stood up at rubbed your head lightly. "don't worry about it, we'll find him! junichirou, one of our co-workers, is looking for him and we all will split up!" he smiled positively, which helped you for a bit.

"i'll go check around the city..." you murmured as you left them.

'it's going to rain huh..." you looked up to see the clouds reclaiming its rightful place, covering the burning ball of flame. rather than it being a bright, sunny day, rain began to pour. 'the weather is so bipolar...' you stared up as the rain fell on top of your face, cooling down your steam of anger.

the sun enables life and the rain grants it safe passage.
the clouds are churlish and kraken-cruel. they began to cough out great gouts of water and thunking balloons of sopping moisture. it seemed like a rainstorm.

it was like a noah's-ark cataclysm of rain, an unending cataract of water sluicing from the sky. it was raining heavily to the point where trees could be uprooted, cars go bobbing by and entire city disappear under a frothy lather of suds. as it poured more and more, it was almost like city was suddenly overwhelmed and electricity blackouts have people living in fear of the unknown.

the rain is incessant. it snaps and crackles like bracken pods in a bush fire. the flood-gates in the sky have been opened and no one is there to close them back up, it seems.

as you looked up, the sky was dark and vengeful. steaming shrouds of cloud coil and writhe. then an unearthly caterwauling sound fills the air. the wind whips up into frenzy. it is a shrieking, keening omen of the carnage to follow. the clouds raced across the sky, thrumming with the charged energy they are desperate to release. which caused more big, sopping drops of moisture to fall down.

they are wild and indiscriminate, plump missiles of mass destruction that splatter onto the surface. still, you planned on finding dazai despite the daunting weather. you were practically soaked as if you took a bath, but it didn't matter.

out of instinct, you began running around hopelessly. you bit your lip in frustration as your shoes were drenched, irritating you as you as ran.

adrenaline rushed through you and a sudden abundant of stamina was given to you. the mentality of a child clogged yours as you just wanted to find dazai, as if you guys were playing hide and go seek. your body seemed lighter as you ran almost the same speed of an actual athlete.

passing by numerous buildings caused you run as fast you could. 'where...' getting dizzy, you tripped and fell down, twisting your ankle and scrapping yourself on the brittle concrete. your foot started to twitch in bulging pain and your elbow was severely bleeding but at the moment, it didn't matter. the only thing that did was finding dazai.

you began to walk after the fall. you checked everywhere except the forest. limping, you started to at least try jogging there, which dissolved into more running.

not caring about the newly created wounds, you dashed around, pushing away any leaves and branches in your way.

after strolling around the forest, you entered a strange area. 'snow?' you looked up to find some falling, strangely enough. its capacity was faded but its presence was still there.

you looked around and your eyes widened as you saw dazai glued to a tree by a knife. "dazai!" you ran up to him and started to shake him aggressively.

his eyes, the one you adored, his eyes were a warm chocolate color that would sparkle when he was happy and seem black if he's feeling down. now, his eyes are of abyssal dimness. his lips pursed in bruised blues and reds from the void and difficulty of entry of oxygen and vision flickering like so. the knife was deeply entered in his stomach and has been there for a long time.

you quickly pulled it out and heard dazai groan in pain, causing a surge of intolerable discomfort to churn in your stomach. he coughed out some blood which caused you to tear up.

a figure soon passed by, stepping in the dirt infused with rain. it sent shivers down your spine as the footsteps became louder.

you soon stood up, wincing at your ankle and faced the figure, but your heart stopped. anxiety, way too much was felt. the blood pounded in your ears. your heart thudded in your chest. your hands shook. your feet tingled. your vision disfigured, as if you were looking through a fish-eye lens. the need to run away was eating you up but you could only say the person's name.

"chuuya..."