ten.

he could feel the heat growing in his cheeks. by now they must be beyond an attractive rosiness. a tug on your shirt was felt as you turned to look at dazai.

"want to go on a date with me?" those words played on the tip of his tongue and his voice had a tender tone despite his embarrassment.

he saw the shock registered on your face before you could hide it. a small smile played on his lips. his words were like vanilla pudding, sweet in their ordinary sort of way, it was the richness of his tones - luxurious and warm.

a reflective blush appeared on your face at the thought of going on a date with dazai. you stood up as tall as you possibly could with your bloodshot red face.

"wh-why?" you tittered fidgety at the hasty question that made you think you were hearing things.

he turned his face away from meeting yours, eyebrows compressed together. his lips showed an imperceptible tremble and he bit it down to not show it.

"we're dating aren't we?" he pouted, puffing out his cheeks and crossing his arms. though, he didn't turn to face you.

you pondered off for a second. you guys live together, sleep really close to one another, spend almost everyday together, and have those fluttering high school-like auroral moments that make you both flabbergasted at the simple touch of the other. domestic it seems. perhaps, you guys were truly dating, after all he did called you his girlfriend.

to answer his question simply, you nodded shyly, unable to reply.

"doesn't couples usually say 'i love you'?" you muttered out your courage to ask him.

he then turned to look at you with wide eyes. "do you want me to say those words to you?" he tilted his head in confusion.

'do i?' you thought. your face reached the maximum red that'll probably make the color red itself jealous. "it's ju-just what couples do!" you laughed aloud awkwardly.

he then poked his index finger in between your eyebrows, twisting it into your skin making you groan helplessly.

"words are just words." he huffed out a sigh. a smile appeared on your face at the realization. 'actions speak louder than words.' you hummed in felicity.

"you're right." you looked at him with a slight feeling of pain.

"hehe now let's go on a date!" he giggled like a child in a candy shop.

when his eyes met yours, any words of rejection had disappeared from you. his eyes were a hickory as rich as the earth's soil; stained with the colour of hot chocolate on a cold, winter night that wraps around you like a blanket that engulfed you in its warmth and makes you feel at home. those deep pools of dark cinnamon swirls seized the depth and heaviness of one thousand untold stories, which imprisoned the sweetness of saccharine chocolate and the bitterness of strong coffee. they consisted of raw emotion and if you observe closely, they will reveal to you the exact thought that crosses the marvels of his ominous mind.

on the other side of all that, his brown mahogany orbs scintillated with a mischievous glint that could be noticed next to the umber that rimmed his iris. they glow with humor and playfulness that never seem to escape his eyes. nevertheless, his eyes possess sorrow that placed a melancholic veil, which cloaked his eyes; it seemed as if it made the happiness in his eyes matte.

he seemed to have led you outside of the agency building and to the arcades. out of pure rivalry, you guys challenged over an overrated racing game.