nine.

the food that had appealed to you once, had now looked unappetizing. growling of your stomach no longer could be heard and the thought of food itself was gross to you, which seemed unusual in fact.

being the romantic dazai is, he bought you some fast food. you poked at your burger with your fries and started sighing.

the sudden urge to sleep hit you harder than it ever did before. your vision got hazy as the sun's heat plummeted on top of you. usually it wasn't as bad, but today it seemed more bothersome.

from across the room you could see dazai chewing on his fries with a worried stare. "are you not hungry? you haven't eaten all day." he crawled to you in a rushed manner, quickly yet steadily squishing your cheeks.

you smacked his hands off you when he started to stretch it out and wiggle it. he pouted at the gentle slap and rolled around the room feeling dejected.

"how dare you show such abuse to your boyfriend..." he mumbled through his gritted teeth, complaining like a child.

at that moment heat flushed your face, but you couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or the sun. your head soon felt as if someone had shaken it until your brain was thoroughly bruised. shooting pains stabbed chaotically through your muscles and there was a ringing in your ears. rapid pace of breaths came out as if something had clogged your lungs and each time you would swallow your saliva, an unbarring pain palpitated your throat.

dazai, however, saw your unnatural flushed up face with a waterfall of sweat and odd breathing pattern. he then stood up and walked towards you, crouching to you level as you were sitting down, and placed his hand on top your forehead.

"ah, you're sick!" he said as he exfiltrated his hand from your sauna forehead. he shook his hand as if he had touched lava and you glared at him in response.

"now your forehead matches you! it's hot and you're hot!" he exclaimed with a pure smile that blinded you.

"i'm lactose intolerant right now, please save the cheese for later. my face can't endure anymore heat." you groaned in despair.

he giggled to himself as he got up and went to his mini kitchen to get something. you eyed him in the process and saw him getting some medicine. pouring a spoonful of liquid medicine, he glanced at you.

"come here." he waved his hand in your direction and you murmured incoherent words as your laziness overwhelmed you. you slowly walked to him at stood right in front.

"open wide~" he said in a singsong voice. he put the spoonful of medicine in your mouth and you gulped it down furiously. coughing at the horrid taste, you went back to your original spot.

you began to slouch your body over your knees and cuddled it. as you peeked out to look at dazai, your mouth was agape at the sight of him holding a knife. his eyes sparkled at the sight of the sharp tool.

in a quickie, you abruptly took it from his belonging and gritted your teeth angrily.

"what were you trying to do?!" you questioned, still not over seeing his illuminating eyes at the sight of such a weapon.

"i was trying to cook for you..." he rubbed his arm and his face looked chagrinned.

you rubbed his head as he looked like a lost puppy and then ruffled his hair. he stared at you hesitantly and then leaned into the touch.