epilogue.

it's been about a year since you met dazai and started dating him. the two of you became an inseparable pair, without each other the two of you would feel at lost, like a piece of fragment was missing.

you guys were each others missing puzzle piece to what could almost be completed. with each other, you two become a completed whole.

however, dazai was gone all day and the sun had already set. the moon had replaced it and you gritted your teeth in irritation.

"kunikida where the hell is dazai?" you asked informally, but didn't care at the moment.

"probably off somewhere disappointing jesus." he scoffed out in ignorance. you glared at him and he grunted, irritated.

"he said he was going on some tall building that held dear memories." he said with a sigh as he glanced at you and then back at his laptop.

you felt a wash of relief and quickly thanked kunikida. you ran outside the agency, having a feeling where he'd be. 'there's just no way...' you continued running around in the dark, shivering slightly at your sweat infused with the cold wind.

you finally reached the building, the one where you had first saw dazai. you looked up and saw him sitting on the ledge. with more running involved, you huffed out tiredly and looked at dazai. you took some time to rest to make your breathing normal.

"why are you here dazai?" you wiped off the sweat from your forehead and placed one hand on your waist.

dazai smiled dearly at you. "this building is quite sentimental for me." he chuckled softly and you sighed a bit embarrassed.

"i still can't believe the first thing i asked you besides who are you was 'would you be my savior that'll save me from myself?'..." dazai softly spoke, words sounding adenoidal with each exhale of air he intakes.

the reminiscence of the past for dazai has been a journey filled with nausea swirling unrestrained in his empty stomach. his head swam with half-formed regret, heart felt as if his blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat. his melancholy mood would hung over him like a black cloud, raining his personal sorrow down on him wherever he went. even the colors of the spring day were drab to him and the birdsong noise on a child's glockenspiel, grating his nerves.

now all he can think about is his past with you. your appearance in his life created a heartfelt experience full of love. hearts filled with love beat with the joy of the new day and seek chances to enrich the lives of others. love spills from them, and so their mentality grow strong also.

love. love was never something dazai had thought he would feel, or in fact experience. it was something that he viewed as troublesome. having your heart getting involved in too many things despite its one job, which was to pump blood, caused him to ignore it.

love was something everyone viewed differently. dazai didn't like how people would fall for someone because of their looks, body, specialties, or even their kindness. he didn't like those who would love someone because they'd benefit them, he wanted someone who loved every side of him, both the good and the bad. he only would fall for someone based on that and so he fell in love with you, the person who he loves for being themselves.

pushing aside his negative viewpoint on love, after falling in love, he came to a realization that love isn't a throwaway emotion, something to invoke on a whim. it isn't transitory like lust or something to regret like anger.