Gally- The truth

(Your P.O.V.)
"Excuse me, miss, what do you think you're doing?" Gally asked smiling at me. I laughed then smiled back at him. He was always smiling at me whenever we walked by each other, but we never really talked. In fact, we weren't even really friends.

"Finishing putting seeds in the ground." I answered. "What are you doing?"

"Seeing what you were doing, obviously." Gally said, crossing his arms. I laughed, "no. I mean, why are you talking to me?"

"Well, I thought it was about time we start flirting with words instead of facial expressions." Gally smiled. "Oh. I wasn't really aware that we flirted."

"I thought it was pretty obvious."

I finished what I was doing and stood up. I hadn't realized how close Gally and I were until I was standing. He unfolded his arms and took a step closer to me, causing my breathing to increase.

I cleared my throat then looked down at the ground. "Is there something else you needed?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to hangout tonight?"

"Hangout? Where, we're trapped in the middle of a maze." I laughed. "So, that doesn't mean we can't live. You think we're gonna let those bastards who put us in here not let us have lives. If I want to ask a pretty girl out on a date, hell, I'm gonna do it."

I smiled, looking up into Gally's eyes. I never realized how easily you could get lost in his eyes. Was I starting to have a crush on him?

"So tonight?" Gally asked. "Um... Sure. Where should I-" I was cut off by Gally pushing his pointer finger against my lips. What was happening? Was I stuck in a fairytale or something?

"I'll surprise you. You can go back to what you were doing now... See you tonight." Gally said then winked at me.

This day went from normal to... Magical. I was so confused but really excited about tonight. Gally had just been one of those random guys I saw around the glade. He was a jerk to some of the other gladers sometimes, but never to me.

Even through he always smiled when he saw me, I never thought he'd be asking me out on a date.

I think I was falling for him.

-

I was about to get in line to get some dinner when Gally cut in front of me. "You won't be needing any of that."

"Why not?" I asked, confused. "Because we'll be eating somewhere else." Gally said then took my hand and lightly pulled me with him. I followed him into the deadheads as we weaved through trees.

There were torches lit up around a small area with a blanket and some food. He really tried to make it... Romantic. "You did this all for me?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course I did." Gally said, smiling. I smiled back then sat down on the blanket. I looked up at Gally as he stared down at me then sat down beside me.

"Did you know you have beautiful eyes." Gally asked me. "No. I don't know what I look like." I said, looking down at the ground. "Well I do, and you're the most beautiful girl in the world. And I'm not just saying that because you're the only girl I've ever met. I mean it."

I was completely taken off guard by the words that had just come out of Gally's mouth. He really thought I was that beautiful?

"How come you never talked to me before? And now all the sudden you ask me out on a date? I don't get it."

Gally sighed, "I'm not actually like this."

"Like what?"

"Well... I used to be a really quiet person and always keep to myself with absolutely no confidence in myself. But that all changed the day you came up in the box. I wanted to impress you and make you fall in love with me. I've kind of turned into an asshole though. And I understand if you hate me. But... that's it. That's the truth."

"So... You just did it to impress me?"

"Yeah. Pretty lame, right?" Gally asked. "Not at all. I mean, yeah. You can be a jerk at times, but that was just your way of showing your affection. I just want you to know that you don't have to change your whole personality to get me to fall in love with you. If you would've just been yourself you could've gotten me a lot faster."

"Really? So does this mean you're giving me a chance?" Gally asked. "Well, yeah. You're really sweet and you did all of this for me. You just have to promise that you'll work on being yourself again."

"I'll do it for you. I'll do anything for you." Gally said smiling at me again. I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "We better start eating before our food gets cold." I said, trying to keep myself from smiling.

As soon as I looked up and saw Gally staring at me I couldn't help it. I looked down at my food and smiled. "What's so funny?" Gally asked. "Nothing, I'm not laughing."

"Yes you are. Maybe it's because I forgot to do something, what was it? Oh, right." Gally said then pulled me in tight, placing his lips on mine.

What took him so long?